Los Angeles Internal Audit & Financial Advisory - IT Audit Senior Cons - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90079
Are you inspired to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference?
You've come to the right place!
Los Angeles Internal Audit & Financial Advisory - IT Audit Senior Consultant
Are You Ready to Live Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career provides opportunity to learn, inspire and advance within a collaborative and diverse company culture. We hire curious people for whom learning is an everyday activity. We fuel your curiosity with challenging work, talented colleagues and creative learning resources. At every level, we champion leaders who influence and achieve results. We encourage you to "bring your whole self to work" - all of your motivations, passions, priorities and commitments - as these things bring us closer to exceptional.
That's Living Protiviti.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent, and it does not stop there. Once you join us, we promise to help you bring your career to life through exceptional work experiences, a culture passionate about learning and development, and a dedication to what matters to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
Then you have come to the right place.
Where We Need You:
The Los Angeles office is seeking an Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Senior Consultant to join our growing team.
What You Can Expect:
The Senior Consultant coaches Interns, Consultants, and facilitates the successful completion of project work plan. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Relationships with client personnel and professional associates strengthen as the ability to communicate, gain trust and network improves. At the direction of managers, the Senior Consultant may accept responsibility for decision-making, ranging from staffing and preparation of deliverables to application of methodologies.
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You enjoy helping clients evaluate technology risks across a variety of domains, including but not limited to cybersecurity, robotic process automation (RPA), cloud computing, Office 365, system implementations, data privacy, and mobile technologies.
- You enjoy advising clients on opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their IT process and control environment.
- You are intellectually curious and thoughtfully challenge the status quo in the spirit of further enhancing project approaches, methodologies, and procedures.
- You are adept at evaluating, synthesizing, organizing and interpreting data and information.
- You thrive in environments where there is strong teaming, collaboration and open communication.
- You employ a strong work ethic and appreciate working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You enjoy mentoring, developing and guiding team members.
- You believe in building long-lasting relationships that are based on providing superior client service.
- You enjoy learning about and researching emerging technology and trends.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to succinctly document observations, risks, and recommendations, and tailor messaging according to the audience.
- An in-depth understanding of IT audit methodologies, concepts, tools and objectives.
- Knowledge and interest in technology, including topics such as cybersecurity, cloud computing, data privacy, data analytics, mobile technologies, software development, and enterprise applications.
- Networking and establishing / cultivating professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues.
- Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including but not limited to COBIT, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and cloud computing frameworks.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance, in particular the technology implications and requirements.
- Awareness of various data privacy regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and others.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables including planning memos, process flows, risk and control matrices, work programs, and audit reports.
- Ability to translate technical topics and audit issues into "business speak" to be understood by executives.
- Supervisory experience of teams including mentoring / coaching, oversight and review of work, coordination across teams, and understanding how to motivate.
- Technology related bachelor's degree (e.g., Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity) or business-related bachelor's degree with a concentration in technology.
- 3+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
- Working knowledge of data analytics / visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, IDEA, ACL, PowerBI), SharePoint, cloud technologies, and RPA tools.
- Professional Certification such as CISA, CIA, CRISC, CGEIT, CISSP, PMP, CPA, or similar strongly preferred.
We travel throughout the month frequently based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include suburban, regional, or out of state locations.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
For all US & Canada Postings: You may submit your application materials online or call 1. for additional ways to apply. Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran For positions located in San Francisco, CA: Protiviti will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For positions located in Los Angeles, CA: Robert Half will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
CA PRO LOS ANGELES