Lean Strategic Sourcing Manager - Center Valley , Pennsylvania, United States, 18034
Lean Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job ID: 21
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Lean Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading the identification of new suppliers, supplier rationalization, negotiations and supplier management with company supply base, driving the strategic sourcing process on a global basis. Lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide each Strategic Business Area (SBA) with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance using Lean and continuous improvement methodologies. Lead special projects as needed.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Builds and leverages strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, replenishment time reduction and delivery targets are met.
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine and document Critical-to-Quality (CTQs) needs for each sourcing effort.
- Lead the effort to find, audit and recommend suppliers that maximize the CTQs needs of each SBA/product and leverage Lean and continuous improvement methodologies moving forward. Work with internal stakeholders to gain acceptance of recommended suppliers based on maximizing CTQs.
- Negotiates agreements, terms/conditions and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which include initial landed cost and year on year price reduction targets, quality, on-time delivery, material replenishment reductions, etc , risk mitigations and warranties in support of those agreements and is the primary supplier relationship owner.
- On-board new suppliers into SAP and Approved Vendor List (AVL). Help maintain AVL.
- Working closely with other functional areas (Marketing, R&D, Legal, etc.) the manager will communicate and implement Lean/continuous improvement strategies, contracts, and pricing with an overall focus on continuously improving relationships, minimize total cost of ownership and maximize results to the KPIs to achieve maximum advantage for the company and its customers.
- Support new product introduction (NPI) programs as Supply Chain representative by coordinating all sourcing and supplier qualification activities on a global basis.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across SBA's to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution.
- Benchmarks new processes, approaches and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results.
- Researches, identifies, and analyzes current and emerging procurement trends, develops a deep understanding of market conditions, proposes global supply chain solutions focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Recognized as the Center of Knowledge supplier base and shares this information with key stakeholders to enable more effective planning, forecasting, and execution.
- Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Works closely with Finance to ensure proper segregation of duties with respect to Supply Chain. Creates policies and programs as needed to ensure compliance with B. Braun directives.
- Ensures compliance with global B. Braun directives regarding procure to pay processes
- Acts as single point of contact with third party suppliers with regard to capacity and capabilities also responsible for communication of any changes in regulations as they affect product that is purchased. (e.g. FDA, UDI regulation).
- Familiar with laws regarding customs laws for import of products from foreign countries
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Manage multiple projects, coordinates activities of Supply Chain as it relates to supplier management and tracks progress/schedules.
- Monitor SAP purchasing application in the Supply Chain and provide suggested improvements to streamline processes and improve productivity.
- Travel to domestic and international suppliers. Coordinates supplier audits (including Quality audits) and communication as single point of contact between Aesculap and supply base.
- Develop understanding where our competition sources their products as well as determining the respective costs.
- Works closely with Operations Center in Hazelwood, MO to develop and refine business processes that relate to core business strategies.
- Provide facilitator role in the application of Purchasing in the Supply Chain.
- BA/BS, +5-7 years of work experience or MBA, + 3-5 year minimum work experience with a progressive company required.
- Certification with Institute of Supply Management (ISM), American Purchasing Society (APS), or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) preferred.
- 5 - 7 years in similar role and SAP ERP system experience required.
- Medical device industry experience and GMP compliance required.
- Knowledge of FDA & ISO requirements or other recognized International Quality System standards required.
- Lean/continuous improvement environment knowledge and experience required.
- Supplier development and measurement.
- Familiarity with product life cycle management.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems
- Experience working in Manufacturing and/or R&D Engineering environment
- Commercial experience with supplier selection and approval; contract negotiations; supplier relationship management
- Ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Knowledge and experience with supplier quality certifications.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at .
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.