Lead Consultant - Analytics Consulting - San Francisco , California, United States, 94102
In the role of Principal Analytics Consulting you will be responsible for solving business problem for our logistics, supply chain clients through data driven insights and data analytics. Your role will combine a judicious and tactful blend of retail, supply chain, logistics domain, Analytical experience, Client interfacing skills, solution design and business acumen so your insights not only enlighten the clients but also pave the way for launching deeper into future analysis.
You will advise clients and internal teams through short burst high-impact engagements on identifying business problem, solving business problem through suitable approaches and techniques pertaining to learning and technology. You will effectively communicate data-derived insights to non-technical audiences appropriately and mentor junior or aspiring consultant/data scientists. You will play a key role in building components of a framework or product while addressing practical business problems. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Location for this position can be: San Francisco, CA.
This role will require relocation and may require travel .
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 11 years of experience with Information Technology.
- MBA or MS or PhD in area of quantitative discipline such as Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- Worked on solving supply chain, logistics business problems likes demand forecasting, route optimization, scheduling, equipment optimization, macroeconomic modeling and forecasting
- Understanding of supply chain domain - Warehouse Management, Transportation Management
- 6+ years applied experience in exploratory data analysis, devising, deploying and servicing statistical models
- Fluent in using one or more of analytical tools R, Python, Java, Scala or equivalent statistical analysis software
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Knowledge of visualization tool Tableau, PowerBI, or any other UI/UX tools
- Enjoy working in complex business environment, refining user requirements, ability to analyze data to answer business queries; adept in quick starting optimization options to solve business problems using latest technologies in data mining, data visualization, statistical modeling, pattern recognition, machine learning and optimization across the chosen industry and functional area WITHIN the guidelines, policies and norms of Infosys.
- Define new business metrics as required and build measurement systems as needed
- Advise clients & internal teams on the right analytical models, analytic platforms and approaches to take in addressing complex, open-ended business problems.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence. Visit to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise today.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
- provided by Dice