Lead, Global Store Design - Strategy and Guideline - Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21201
Under Armour is looking for a qualified, driven Lead, Global Store Design - Strategy and Guidelines to support the Global Store Design & Development team for Under Armour Global Retail on the new concept designs, strategy and guidelines of retail stores. This position will support in the design of new concepts and coordinate internally with development partners, as well as many cross-functional partners including Visual Merchandising, Operations, and Marketing. This person must have an understanding of retail development and construction process with the ability to work within a fast-paced environment. They must also demonstrate the ability to influence others to gain alignment across the organization while ensuring decisions are made at major milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports in the design of new concepts, primarily focused on the translation of new concepts to guidelines for global rollout and maintenance of existing concept programs.
- Helps to build design strategies and utilizes strategic inputs to inform work.
- Facilitates the creation, communication & trainings of guidelines, standards and tools.
- Assists in material & finish selection.
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Can help to manage outside professional design/ architecture firms.
- Is comfortable receiving feedback create solutions that work for a variety of regions and formats.
- Contributes to team goals by achieving target milestones and meeting all established deadlines.
- Deep understanding of architectural and construction methods.
- Can communicate design/architectural standards and guidelines through clear, effective graphic communication using standardized templates.
- Familiarity with specifications and shop drawings.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction to internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with translating design intent into construction details and multiple formats and building footprints.
- Supports fixture design - understands materiality, constructability, function and retail requirements for capacity needs and marketing integration.
- Has good understanding of lighting and A/V design.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in fast-paced environment to support on special projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Accountability- Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
Creativity and Innovation- Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other teammates.
Collaboration- Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional teammates. Takes the lead. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
Global Perspective- Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
Strategic Visioning- Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
Building Talent- Seeks opportunities to develop self and other teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates teammates by sharing objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Min. 5-8 years professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Professional License track preferred
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production.
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Retail experience required
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- General understanding of building codes & environmental regulations.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and build effective working relationships.
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Experience in shop drawing reviews.
- Specialty knowledge in HVAC, lighting and energy management systems.
- Time management, prioritization and communication skills.
- Ability to confidently lead work groups of internal stakeholders including visual merchandising, operations, marketing, merchants, it, asset protection and Under Armour leadership.
- Strong team player.