Insurance Operations Consulting Manager - New York , New York, United States, 10001
Work you'll do
As an Insurance Operations Manager, you will provide technical, project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic advisory services in a consulting environment to our Insurance industry sector clients. The job functions include the following:
- Provide management consulting advisory services to executives in the insurance industry across business functions such as underwriting, claims, IT, finance and accounting
- Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
- Support clients' most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement
- Lead project management of complex projects consisting of diverse practitioners across the consulting function
- Coordinate with tax, accounting, regulatory, and other professionals in delivering comprehensive solutions for clients
- Lead practice management opportunities (e.g. people management, service offering development, etc.) for the Insurance practice
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA)
- 6 years of experience in middle to back operations at insurance / reinsurance companies or 3 years in a consulting company
- Experience leading medium to large sized teams
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
- Master of Business Administration
- Experience in developing strategy, business cases, operating models and/or helping manage large transformation efforts to enable cost savings (in functions such as underwriting, distribution, claims, IT), build new capabilities and driving growth as part of the CXO agenda
- Experience in managing and/or delivering both operational and IT projects
- Experience in emerging technologies such as RPA or Machine Learning
- Insurance industry experience in Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, M&A Integration or with internal operational consulting functions a plus
- Background in property and casualty insurance (personal and/or commercial) and/or life annuity
- Project experience in business process improvement and re-engineering, new technology/systems deployments, strategy and planning
- Quantitative ability to analyze data
- Quick learner that enjoys a stream of new challenges
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including overtime
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
- Strong work ethic and desire to help clients improve their businesses
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- provided by Dice Accounting, Analysis, CASE, Change Management, Consulting, Development, Excel, HTML, HTTP, Manager, Management, PowerPoint, Project, Project Management, Recruiter, Re-engineering, Research