Indirect Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager (Corporate & Profe - San Ramon , California, United States, 94582
The Indirect Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager will lead sourcing activities across indirect categories, delivering long term value and supply continuity for the company, being a trusted adviser that is well-versed in best practices. This role will focus on developing category strategies for complex indirect spend categories, such as Facilities, Human Resources, Finance, Product Development, Staffing, Customer Care Operations, Lab, etc. You will work with key stakeholders to ensure needs are understood and cost-effective procurement strategies are in place. The role will be evaluated based on the successful implementation and execution of spend category strategies, competitiveness of negotiated products and services, and quality of supplier performance as measured by key performance indicators.
- Partner with key stakeholders to devise and implement spend category strategies, drive strategy adoption by the business to achieve best-in-class pricing, business process, and contract terms.
- Leverage a comprehensive seven-step strategic sourcing process to address spend and category areas; execute Request for Information (RFI), Proposal (RFP) and the Request for Quote ( RFQ ) processes to aggressively manage costs while providing the right level of customer service and flexibility to the business.
- Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine, benefits, risks and change management impact. Devise and implement high-impact cost reductions solutions via process improvements, new policies, technology, etc. Be highly skilled in emerging trends and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Responsible for establishing category metrics and savings targets, monitoring performance, and communicating these to stakeholders. Create a category-specific initiative pipeline that will forecast and guide procurement projects and sourcing activities.
- Develop and enhance data analytics and market analysis for fact-based opportunity development for a successful go-to market strategy with a focus on deriving value through analyzing the Total Cost of Ownership and all sourcing levers.
- Develop supplier strategies, measure supplier performance, and conduct QBRs as needed to support an optimal supplier portfolio that meets business needs. Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry research and cost models, if appropriate.
- Lead negotiations of global master agreements that result in best in class pricing, terms and conditions. Partner with Legal to draft comprehensive contracts with explicit service levels for goods and services.
- Support the foundation building of an indirect strategic sourcing team including taking on special projects, contributing to the tool set, and leading process definition sessions to improve ways of working as needed.
- Act as a liaison to a cross-functional team to simplify the procure to pay process through policy, work instructions, technology, and compliance.
- The qualified candidate must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and be passionate about the value the Indirect Sourcing function brings to the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills are critical; ability to engage and communicate with internal/external stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- A high level of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risk and cost.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must be well-organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to flex between strategic and tactical problem-solving skills as needed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Energized by creating structure in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment.
- Talented at implementing new ways of working and you measure success by the results generated
- Proactively foster cross-functional relationships to collaborate and gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations
- Create and lead a project plan, identifying dependencies between tasks and workstreams, lead times, and resource requirements
- Measure progress and performance, report out on project status, identify issues and risks and proactively recommend a path to resolution
- Demonstrated success leading company-wide strategic sourcing initiatives using a best-practice approach to award business and execute supply agreements.
- 8+ years of progressing responsibilities in indirect strategic sourcing and category management. Management Consulting a plus.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor s degree required, preferably with a focus on Supply Chain Management or Finance.
- Excellent communication, project management, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to leverage and build sourcing tools to help strengthen the foundation of Indirect Procurement.
- Strong understanding of legal terms and of the intricacies of structuring and drafting various agreements
- Proven track record of successful negotiations to shape winning sourcing relationships. Transparent approach required with a strong process-centric background.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to lead others through ambiguous and /or complex business problems. Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions using MS Excel
- Highly proficient at using Microsoft PowerPoint as a tool to deliver updates and facilitate decision making
- Experience with Coupa and Apttus desired
- Effective at developing relationships with cross-functional team members at all levels
- Experience with Lean methodologies to problem solving a plus; professional certifications a plus
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained Dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives and the confidence that comes with it. Today, Rodan + Fields is the #1 Skincare Brand in North America in 2018 and the #1 Skincare Brand in the US in 2016, 2017 and 2018 ! The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs approximately 700 people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change , the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skin Care includes Sets and Kits; North America defined as Canada and the United States
Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skincare includes Sets & Kits.
- provided by Dice