IT Risk and Transaction Advisory Senior - Miami, Florida, United States, 33101
Founded in 1969, MBAF is ranked nationally as a Top 40 accounting and advisory firm and has been named one of the Best of the Best firms in the country by INSIDE Public Accounting for many years running. And in 2017 and 2018, MBAF ranked as a Best Place to Work and #8 Largest Hispanic-Owned Business by the South Florida Business Journal and an Accounting Today Best Accounting Firm to Work. Because we are committed to creating an engaging and supportive workplace for our employees, we are especially honored to hold these titles.
More than 600 highly qualified employees serve domestic and international clients across a broad range of industries and practices from our offices across the country. We offer a complete portfolio of services including assurance, tax and accounting, advisory, private client wealth, and technology consulting. We are known for our expertise, reputation, hands-on service to our clients, and commitment to our community.
As a firm we work hard but also know how to play hard too! As an MBAF family, we attend sporting events which include baseball, basketball, football, and hockey for our local teams. In addition, we get together for "Happy Hour" (it's more than just an hour) throughout the year. Wear our MBAF shirts for bowling nights. We have internal clubs like The Women of MBAF, Emerging Leaders, etc.
We are also good community citizens as we are heavily involved in various non-profit initiatives with a strong desire to give back. Some of these events include beach clean-ups, Feeding South Florida, Back to school Drive, amongst other functions. Our Holiday parties are the talk of the town, every year tops the year before!
We believe in developing and mentoring our employees as for selfish reasons, we want you to stay! Therefore, we invest in you by tapping into your growth potential. Sky's the limit at MBAF!
As an IT Risk and Transaction Advisory Senior at MBAF, you will work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT Risk Advisory and Assurance professionals in performing information technology and security engagements.
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing daily progress; informing supervisors of engagement status; and managing staff performance.
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems.
- Apply understanding of the current IT environment and industry trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills; inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Auditing with Information Systems or related disciplines
- CPA and CISA certification is preferred; other certifications would be considered: CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT
- Two+ years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk advisor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or as an IT security professional within the accounting industry
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) IT support for financial statement audits; (b) IT SOX, internal or operational audits; (c) SSAE16 Attest engagements; and/or (d) ERP project management, security and control reviews (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Dynamics, etc.)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
The perks of being an MBAF employee go far beyond the basics of a typical accounting firm. MBAF's staff can enjoy flexible work schedules with competitive salaries. We also provide Tuition Reimbursement to assist with your financial burden. We offer Learning and Development programs through our MBAF University. You will get to enjoy healthy snacks which include fresh fruit, an assortment of mixed nuts, as well as a variety of drinks - all day every day. Healthy meals catered on daily basis during busy season on us. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid transportation and parking (varies by office), and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays.
"At MBAF, we strive to create a supportive and enjoyable work environment for our employees because we understand that they are our greatest strength," said Tony Argiz, CEO and Chairman of MBAF.