IT Change Management Analyst - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
As the IT Change Management Analyst for Columbia Sportswear you will continuously improve and guide IT change management lifecycles and processes. Here you'll manage the coordination, scheduling and oversight of all IT Change activity. Your scope of work will range from updating new functionality and bug fixes to collaborating with varied stakeholders across IT leadership, program and projects teams, and application owners.
We'll rely on your technical foundation and experience to influence technology teams to advance change initiatives, change adherence and project deliverables. While this role does not involve the management of direct reports, it does require strong facilitation and leadership of cross-functional technology teams through rapport and relationship building.
- Lead and manage the day to day operations relating to Change Management across the global IT organization.
- Works closely with team members, customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to continually improve performance and increase efficiencies while maintaining process compliance and encouraging best practices.
- Coordinate with Release Manager and Application/Technology Owners to manage multiple concurrent change requests through all phases of their lifecycle.
- Coaching and mentoring of IS staff and stakeholders in a decentralized change environment across multiple technologies characterized by a rapid rate of change via CI/CD pipelines, traditional deployment tools, and SaaS implementations.
- Evaluate impact, risk assessments, potential conflicts with other Requests for Change, and necessary documentation from Service Providers before approving Changes and in preparation for the Change Advisory Board.
- Perform regular reviews, publish, and manage formal change notifications.
- Provides guidance or mentorship to other professional staff.
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories within own function and other related areas. Applies broader knowledge of industry standards/practices to assignments and others.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5-8 years' experience and a proven track record in release management, in medium to large environments that include ERP systems.
- Experience in SaaS-based applications/technologies.
- Experience with Project Management, Software Development Lifecycle, Agile Development, and DevOps practices.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions, and implement a course of action including demonstrated ability to facilitate conflict resolution and negotiations.
- Experience in hybrid environment with a mix of on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Requires working understanding of IT Service Management (Incident, Problem, Change, and Release).
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age