Head of Supply Planning - Lincoln, Nebraska, United States, 68501
Spreetail is a new ecommerce site that makes it easy to shop for your backyard, garage, and home. Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has expanded to include offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities and 6 states.
Life at Spreetail
Working at Spreetail is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in history. We take on challenges that others would call impossible because we have a team of amazing, talented people who collaborate and think bigger together. We act fast because were committed to being the best.
This Head of Supply Planning will partner with internal teams and vendors to optimize supply chain efficiencies for the entire Spreetail assortment and lead the planning and analytics teams to create a best in class supply planning operation.
The Head of Supply Planning plays a critical role in delivering the optimal customer experience by ensuring we have the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time. This individual will lead optimal inventory discussions with Domestic vendors, execute direct imports/bulk buys, deep dive out of stock opportunities, and improve vendor lead times. This role may also own strategic free cash flow (FCF) and operations initiatives across Inventory Capital, Buying/Forecasting, Transportation, and Transfer strategist.As the Head of Supply Planning, you will:
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve overall cost structure and customer experience.
- Drive complex business analysis to identify business opportunities to improve revenue and profitability
- Drive improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions
- Work cross functionally to identify and build best practices and process improvements
- Drive cross-functional projects to support new strategic initiatives and business opportunities for the organization.
- Identify, define and execute operational changes with vendors in partnership with Vendor Management team to drive supply chain improvements
- Establish strong vendor relationships with key/strategic vendors
- Utilize key statistical processes and analytics to optimize supply chain inputs like Lead Time, item-node demand variation, fill rates, and other relative variables.
- Work closely with internal technical teams to drive multi-system process changes · Drive scalable solutions for specific opportunities and issues
- Bachelors degree preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering, Statistics, Marketing or Finance; MBA preferred
- Professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking skills as well as a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Understanding of P&Ls
- 7+ years supply chain, inventory management, retail and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation · Supply chain, finance, vendor and/or project management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
- Experience in building and developing a high performance cross functional project team
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.