Head of Retail Physical Distribution and Products - San Francisco , California, United States, 94102
What sets Bank of
the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic
spirit of the West.
There is a spirit
here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital
to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western
values straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that
fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects
diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one
another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West
offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of
BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one
of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our
diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance,
and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
- We need a results driven, innovative,customer centric and passionate leader who will lead the software configuration,integration and engineering on the Retail Branch, Contact Centre, ATM, Debitand Credit Card Technology platforms. Working closely with our Retail changeteams they will improve customer experience, drive revenue and reduce businesscosts.
- Responsible for the design,development, implementation and support of technical systems and applications.Adopts and executes technical standards, process and governance across theRetail project portfolio.
- Create and deliver a 3-year Branch,Contact Centre and ATM modernization strategy targeted at replacing outdatedtechnology with current technology, teams, and development techniques.
- Build rapport within the organizationrelated to systems development and support efforts. Maintain relationships withvendors and professional organizations to support these efforts and maintaincurrency on industry trends. Identify new opportunities that add value forcustomers and enhances the value of the relationship for BOTW.
Partner with the enterprise program office to
contribute best practices and transform the organizations change capabilities
by migrating to Agile delivery.
Creates transparency into the project portfolio to
support capital and operating expenses and budgets. Reports on key technology
Ensure projects are realistic, interesting, and fun
for everyone involved.
Focus on the customer to introduce and employ best
in class technology solutions
Essential Job Functions
- Manages work queues and prioritizes to achieve maximumutility of resources and optimum delivery time. Utilizes productivity tools,measures and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination anddefinition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design ofimproved systems utilizing information services.
- Develops and manages direct operating expensefinancial plans for the group and allocates funds within the budget.
- Develops recommendations of capital funding.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules investigation,feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposedtechnology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit andapplicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinatethe prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross systemimpact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems todesign and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Requires excellent presentation skills, strong"service" mindset with proven performance in the development andmaintenance of systems.
Other Job Duties
- Supports training and professional development forstaff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually othermanagers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and monitorsprogress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overallperformance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Creates quality standards group.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emergingtechnologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External | RequiredExperience
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skillswithin a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understandingof other areas within the job function.
- 15 years of experience working in technologymanagement and /or business roles within a financial services institution.
- Previous experience managing a large departmentalbudgets and capital-investment budgets
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups andindividuals; can clearly convey information and ideas and listens and respondsappropriately to customers, external contacts and individuals throughout BOTW.
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productiveworking relationships with customers, external contacts and individualsthroughout BOTW.
- Leadership experience including the following: CreditCard Account Opening & Servicing, Know Your Customer (KYC), Branch SoftwareReplacement, ATM Life Cycle Management and Contact Center technology.
- Strong track record uncovering customer needs,relating benefits to product/service features, handling objections and closesthe sale.
- Managerial interest and a leadership orientation;experience supporting and operating in global locations with a strongappreciation of cultures.
- Vendor leadership experience with key vendorsincluding FIS, Fiserv, First Data, Appian, and Microsoft.
- Extensive software development and softwareintegration experience for both internal developed software and vendor productsusing responsive design patterns, micro services, and enterprise web services.
- Test driven development, performance testing, loadtesting, and scalability testing to ensure solutions are high quality.
- Ability to think quickly, present multiple solutionoptions, and drive reliable technical solutions.
- Extensive experience with multiple SDLC methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Completeknowledge of information systems in the financial industry with experience inlarge scale, mid-range and microtech environments.
- Proven trackrecord in developing and managing diverse technologies and systems.
- Extensive bankingsystems knowledge.
- Experience indeveloping business proposals.
- Ability to managemultiple, complex, concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience withmanaging vendor services and relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 048251 - provided by Dice