Head of Public Relations and Executive Communications (SAP Ariba) Job - Palo Alto , California, United States, 94306
Work Area: Communication
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Head of Public Relations and Executive Communications, SAP Ariba
Reports To (Name & Title):
Vice President of Marketing Strategy and Communications,
SAP Ariba is the world's largest business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the cloud, where they can use our solutions and the Ariba Network to work more efficiently and effectively with their trading partners. Together with SAP we are combining the best of both companies to fuel a whole new way of doing business in today's networked economy. Join us at . The SAP Ariba Marketing organization is a dynamic team leading the growth efforts for the business through brand awareness, pipeline delivery, portfolio and customer marketing. We are seeking talent that is best-in-class to join our team of high performers and really great people.
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for a Head of Public Relations and Executive Communications at Senior Director level to design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
If you're interested in leading our PR efforts to write effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, we would like to meet you. You will use your creative ideas to drive PR initiatives that'll bring long-term success. Also, you'll coordinate with internal teams (e.g. Corporate Marketing, Strategy and Communications) to maximize brand consistency in all advertising efforts. Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
* Define PR strategy and global PR presence across all regions
* Set objectives for the PR team and monitoring team members' performance
* Manage PR budget and resources, including managing PR agency
* Write press releases and coordinate messaging across all PR and media channels
* Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV and social media)
* Cultivate and maintain relationships with media professionals
* Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
* Ensure brand consistency in all external media and advertising efforts
* Organize PR events to increase awareness of our company
* Assign tasks and projects to the PR team and regional liaisons
* Track and influence media coverage
* Report on PR campaigns' results
* Manage sensitive issues to maintain company's good reputation
The role demands an individual with marketing experience who is agile and can ramp quickly into an innovation-led, cloud/SaaS environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a self-motivated drive, and the unique ability to deliver fast time-to-market with high quality and flawless execution.
The candidate must have:
* 10-15 years global experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role
* Masters degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism preferred, MBA a plus
* Strong writer and storyteller
* Global experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
* Team management skills and experience
* Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company's spokesperson
* Creative abilities
* Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
* Solid team player, demonstrated high performer and willingness to tackle challenges in a fast paced environment
* Extremely fast operator
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Communications, ERP, SAP, Marketing Communications, Social Media, Marketing, Technology