Head of Americas Insurance Solutions, Financial Markets Advisory - New York , New York, United States, 10261
About this role
The Head of Americas Insurance Solutions will manage a team of insurance dedicated professionals in New York and will drive the team's success in North America in several ways including: -
- -Complementing the client coverage effort through technical engagement of insurance clients (particularly C-Suite officers, the Head of ALM, the Chief Actuary and Head of Asset Allocation) on their enterprise objectives and the implications of these objectives on their investment strategy
-Building relationships with key client decision makers based on knowledge and trust which lead to the origination of commercial opportunities
- -Leveraging insurance regulatory, accounting and liability expertise to engage internal portfolio management and product strategy teams, and all distribution channels across the platform with a view to helping them position or design investment management products and services in a way that is appropriate for insurers
- -Working directly with clients to address strategic questions of asset allocation and investment management with a view to guiding the client towards the most appropriate investment solution or investment product
- -Acting as the outsourced CIO for a small number of complex, multi-asset insurance mandates
- -Supporting clients undergoing M&A or legacy book activity with the design of investment strategy and the provision of investment-related transaction support
- -Developing new modelling and analytics capabilities to support the activity above and to inform the future development for insurers of BlackRock's Aladdin risk, trading and compliance platform
- -Developing a thorough knowledge of BlackRock's capabilities, products and services. Identify gaps in existing provision and drive the development of new services
- -15+ years of professional experience in insurance investment strategy or related disciplines
- -A strong track record in managing diverse individuals, achieving results as a team and collaborating effectively and efficiently within large and complex organizations
- -A strong understanding of insurers' capital modelling, ALM and asset allocation frameworks and the quantitative models and techniques that they use to support their business
- -A strong understanding of the accounting, regulatory, risk management and strategic frameworks under which insurers in the region operate
- -A history of outstanding achievements and a track record of effectively engaging with senior leadership at these organizations
- -Strong industry relationships and recognition as an industry subject matter expert
- -Track record of successfully building new relationships and driving revenue growth
- -Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex topics to non-technical individuals, both verbally and in writing
- -Excellent problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and experience understanding and solving complex issues
- -High level of integrity enabling the candidate to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | Blog: .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.