Head, Corporate Strategy - Illinois, United States,
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Head of Corporate Strategy will play a key role in driving AveXis' vision to be the world's leading gene therapy company. This individual will lead a team that is responsible for defining the growth priorities for the company, and driving strategic projects that advance these priorities.
The successful candidate will be visionary, results-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working with cross-functional teams. Above all, this person will lead with integrity and strive to achieve superior results to advance the AveXis mission.
Lead a team accountable for:
- Developing the overall growth agenda and priorities for AveXis (e.g., disease area expansion, platform technology evolution, geographic footprint, strategic capacity management).
- Identifying, prioritizing, and leading strategic initiatives that advance the growth agenda, in partnership with AveXis functional leaders and Novartis colleagues as appropriate.
- Scanning the external landscape for technologies that advance the growth agenda, in partnership with the Business Development team.
- Monitoring external trends across the gene therapy landscape to inform strategy-setting and business development activities.
- B.S. degree required; advanced degree in relevant field (e.g. medicine, sciences, MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 6- 8 years relevant work experience in management consulting and/or corporate strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of life sciences / biotechnology industry; gene therapy experience a plus.
- Experience setting a vision and defining creative strategies to advance the vision.
- Skilled at leading and motivating teams to achieve goals.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills; builds trust-based relationships.
- Curious, comfortable with ambiguity, eager to solve problems, solution oriented.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills, able to navigate organizations to achieve results.
- Pragmatic and efficient.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.