Grad Intern - SCI - (Pipeline Strategy & Portfolio Management) - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Relocation in the form of a miscellaneous allowance will be provided for eligible candidates.
Pipeline Strategy & Portfolio Management within Commercialization & R&D Compliance has an opportunity for a summer intern to concentrate on transformational portfolio management initiatives in support of Amgen's New Commercialization process.
- Core responsibilities would include supporting innovative improvements to Amgen's Pipeline Strategy and Portfolio Management Team.
- This team provides insights and analytics to inform investment go/no go decisions for Amgen's pipeline at governance boards and committees.
- The key summer project would be to develop a new assessment tool to identify Amgen's predictive success in scoring technical and regulatory success based on our historical assignments.
- The successful candidate would be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics or Computer Science and/or Data Science with strong knowledge of advanced modeling, forecasting methods/tools as it applies to the biotechnology industry.
- Asset and portfolio valuation foundational knowledge would be preferred.
- Excellent team work and ability to work effectively across functions and with partner organizations to meet deliverables
- Ability to effectively communicate across various management levels with a strong aptitude for synthesizing recommendations for presentation.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
18 years or older
Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
Completion as a first year graduate student before internship starts and currently enrolled in a Master's program for a Masters internship OR a PhD internship from an accredited college or university
Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
Degree concentration(s) in Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
Advanced Modeling/Programming skills
Data-Driven and Analytical-Minded
Only candidates who apply via will be considered. Please search for Keyword 73614.