Government Advisory - Senior Manager, Audit - Bethesda , Maryland, United States, 20810
Washington DC Metro
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Government team located in our Bethesda, Maryland office.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional looking to take on new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in building awareness of our world-class client services while gaining an understanding of various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, leads and supervises the engagement from planning to completion, ensuring alignment to project timeline and budget;
- Oversees resource management and supervision of engagement team;
- Regularly advises partners and client leadership on project progression and major developments, using professional judgement to escalate issues and challenges;
- Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact for the client, providing timely project updates and reports;
- Reviews and oversees the drafting and completion of work papers and audit reports.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or a related discipline;
- A minimum of eight years of experience, with at least two years' experience of managing audit engagements in the commercial and/or federal sector;
- CPA license required, CDFM and/or CGFM preferred;
- Federal financial statement audit experience preferred;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, excellent project management skills and advanced leadership and communication skills required;
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS/Yellowbook);
- Ability to develop and execute technical approaches and staffing budgets for federal financial statement audits;
- Strong track record of building and sustaining client relationships;
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Security clearance required; active clearance highly preferred.
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.