Government Advisory - Senior Consultant - Internal Controls - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20022
Washington DC Metro
CohnReznick is ranked among the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the United States.
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in our growing Federal Practice located in our Bethesda, Maryland or Tysons, Virginia office.
If you are :
- A highly dedicated professional looking to take on new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in building awareness of our world-class client services while gaining an understanding of various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
- Endless opportunities to contribute to?CohnReznick, ranked among the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the United States
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform annual internal control compliance reviews of a National Security Agency Federal Equitable Sharing Program;
- Perform desk reviews and on-site compliance reviews of state, local and tribal agencies? records, to include financial records, property inventories and internal controls to ensure compliance;
- Attend strategy meetings with senior government officials and state and local law enforcement agencies;
- Assist in logging, tracking and reviewing incoming cases and managing a large tracker in Excel;
- Consistently communicate reportable findings, issues and challenges of the Equitable Sharing Program from an OMB A-123, OMB A-133 and GAAP perspective;
- Evaluate agency and program compliance with asset forfeiture equitable sharing policies for state and local law enforcement entities in accordance with the Equitable Sharing Guide, policy & procedures and internal controls;
- Establish strategies and manage evaluations of the Equitable Sharing Program and Asset Recovery Support Program for efficiencies and effectiveness; subsequently developing recommendations to improve operations and remediate reportable findings.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or a related discipline;
- A minimum of three years of experience as a?consultant performing internal controls/compliance audits, preferably in a federal government setting;
- Certification such CPA, CFE, CGFM, CDFM, CFA, FRM, CFP, FMC, CCP or CGMA preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated experience working compliance analysis using audit, financial accounting principles and internal controls (e.g., OMB A-123 and/or SOX);
- Expert Excel skills required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders;
- Ability to travel up to 20%;
- Security clearance preferred, but not required. Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Access at high-risk level preferred.
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters .
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background and credit check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistant and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
?*LI-MS1? #CB? ?#GD