Government & Public Services Business Information Secur - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20001
Government & Public Services Business Information Security Officer
Location: Multiple Locations
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The US Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) oversees the strategy and governance of information security, risk management and information security operations for the entire Deloitte US firm, which is comprised of four Firm Specific Subsidiaries (FSS); Audit, Tax, Consulting, and Risk & Financial Advisory; as well as the Enabling Areas (EA), which includes Government & Public Services (GPS), a US$5 Billion business line As the GPS BISO, you will act as a business partner between GPS and the US Cyber Security organization. You will be responsible for championing cyber security initiatives within GPS and serve as a trusted advisor on information security to client engagement teams within the FSS.
Reporting to the US CISO and respective FSSs CTOs, and as a member of the US Cyber Leadership Team, you will and have responsibility to influence cyber security strategy actions cross-functionally. You will leverage a high degree of integrity, sound judgment, as well as domain competency in the field of information security and risk management.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Influence security objectives and efforts across the FSS / EA.
- Protect critical assets and align and prioritize our cyber security investments.
- Establish enhanced information security defense, minimize vulnerabilities, and strengthen business resilience.
- Proactively work with the US CISO to understand and respond to key cyber security requirements where the US Cyber Security organization should play a role in conceptualizing, creating and managing information security services to the FSS.
- Engage closely with the respective FSS / EA Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and other Risk Management professionals to adopt consistent cyber security practices at the business level, report on cyber security risks, and drive risk mitigation.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Cyber design
- Risk & Compliance
- Technology Risk Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Incident Response and Architecture
Our ideal candidate is an integrator of people and processes, a thought leader, a problem solver, and knowledgeable about cybersecurity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 10+ years of related experience, including cybersecurity and/or risk management experience in organizations of a similar scale or client-service experience in the field.
- Advanced generalist - organizational skills and experience, including project- or role-based experience in the following: policy and standards, risk management and reporting, and change management / adoption.
- C-level and executive interaction experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving strategy with cross-functional executive level stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change and work with multiple business units of an organization to effect change.
- Deep understanding of DoD and Civilian agency Federal requirements such as: NIST, FedRAMP, and DFARS.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact effectively with professionals at all levels and communicate recommendations with diplomacy and tact.
- Proven knowledge and experience across multiple information protection and security domains
- Broad knowledge and experience across IT infrastructure with security frameworks and standards such as ISO 17799/27001, NISPOM, PCI, and other relevant security-related regulations.
- Understanding of and ability to effectively apply trends and developments in the area of global security and risk management.
- Ability to frame and communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various levels.
- Strong understanding of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited operating environment OR successful experience working in a comparable global professional services organization is preferred.
- Professional security certifications such as CISSP, CCISO, or CISA or equivalent experience.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. - provided by Dice