Global Strategy Intern - Stamford , Connecticut, United States, 06901
WWE is hiring a Global Strategy Summer Intern for our Stamford, CT headquarters to help tackle some of the biggest questions facing our businesses. Our Global Strategy team works very closely with senior leaders on global strategy and operational initiatives across all our business lines.
Today, WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. WWE's PG, family-friendly programming is broadcast in more than 180 countries and 25 languages and reaches more than 800+ million homes worldwide. The award-winning WWE Network is the first-ever direct-to-consumer premium network with more than 1.7 million subscribers. WWE has more than 1 billion social media followers. WWE is the #2 most viewed channel in the world and the #1 sports channel on YouTube.
Over the 10 weeks in this unique position, you will own 1 to 2 projects where you explore, develop, and recommend approaches for driving growth. Your projects will span key focus areas for WWE's Global Strategy team, including but not limited to:
- Long Term Corporate Strategy (investing to position WWE to win in the future)
- Internal Consulting (partnering with WWE's lines of business to strategize for growth)
- Innovation (exploring opportunities to re-imagine existing businesses, and enter whitespaces and adjacencies)
This is a dynamic summer role that requires someone who can bring strong strategy development experience and analytical capabilities to a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will help over the course of the internship further WWE's business by providing objective in-depth analyses and developing recommendations for maximizing performance across WWE's business.
- Own 1 to 2 projects which explore, evaluate and recommend strategies and tactics to support WWE's corporate priorities, including working across its various lines of business (Television, Live Events, Consumer Products, Network, Digital)
- Analyze quantitative (e.g. market analysis, consumer trends, economic conditions, etc.) and qualitative (e.g. objections, competitive strategies, winning applications etc.) market feedback to establish strategic and tactical measures
- Work closely with leadership from the Global Strategy team, and several functions across WWE to develop holistic strategic recommendations
- Effectively build relationships and collaborate with team members across multiple lines of business and functional departments to gain understanding of WWE's various businesses and industry fundamentals
- Undergraduate student currently enrolled in a four year degree program
- Intellectual curiosity, with an interest in the Sports, Media and Entertainment industries - familiarity with Digital Media, OTT / Direct to Consumer distribution a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative ability - can synthesize key market developments to develop strategic implications for WWE
- Ability to identify the key drivers of a business and lead analyses that produce actionable insights
- Self-motivated, able to independently structure and lead complex analyses, and possess a positive can-do attitude
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills