Global Marketing Sr Manager, Oncology -- Disease Area Strategy & Knowl - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in (and lead) a variety of oncology strategic marketing projects covering Amgen's portfolio of immune-oncology programs.
- Support effective progression of programs from one stage to another using disease state research, development of Patient Flows, SOC evolution, Competitive landscape and scenarios, TPPs (product profiles), forecasts, and generation of strategic options to maximize program value and return.
- Leverage deep customer, marketplace and competitor insights for oncology to create and/or support the creation of differentiated product and disease-state strategies.
- Partner with archetype country New Product Development Leads to provide global perspectives and elicit/integrate regional insights into global strategies.
- Oversight of third party partners to develop, track, and overall manage project budgets.
- Contribute to the development of various molecules' Global Commercial Plan and Global Fact-book, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain OL lists with program and indication orientation and support the Director in building strong relationships and gaining OL insights that help shape strategies.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or Sales including 1 year of Marketing experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or Sales including 2 years of Marketing experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or Sales including 3 years of Marketing experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or Sales including 5 years of Marketing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or Sales including 6 years of Marketing experience
5+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience with strong experience in strategy development/consulting, and multiple facets of drug commercialization
Oncology including Lung cancer therapeutic area experience (marketing and/or scientific) with recognized depth in industry, technical and competitive dynamics that shape future oncology markets and needs
Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work and influence effectively within a matrix structure.
Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional partners to develop impactful program strategies that are based on market insights
Knowledge of and experience in working with discovery research and clinical teams.
Strong leadership skills, including ability to influence teams with diverse backgrounds.
Strong competitive mindset, including ability to champion ideas, make decisions and focus on results
Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills
Strong business judgment and emotional intelligence
Act as a role model for others in line with Amgen values
About Amgen and Oncology/Hematology
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
For nearly four decades, Amgen has been at the forefront of providing the oncology and hematology communities with novel therapies that have changed patients' lives. We have 10 marketed oncology medicines available today, and we are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules. We need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
At Amgen, contributions are recognized - and strong performance is rewarded. Regularly recognized as a "Best Place to Work," we enable staff to chart their own career paths based on their unique talents by offering challenging assignments, active career development, coaching and individual rewards.
Join our team as we enter an era of oncology drug development that will usher in new wave of advances that promise to transform cancer care!