Global Logistics & Supply Chain Senior Category Sourcing Manager - Kankakee , Illinois, United States, 60901
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus.CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operatesCSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The position holder will be responsible for working with CSL's global and regional stakeholders throughout the company to develop sourcing strategies and conduct negotiations to optimize the value of the Global Supply Chain/Logistics Category and other assigned categories of Indirect spend.
Function as the key Global Sourcing Lead to develop innovative and strategic alliances and supplier partnerships to support the growing Supply Chain/Logistics needs of CSL.
Function as the key Global Sourcing Lead to develop innovative and strategic alliances and supplier partnerships to support the growing Supply chain/Logistics needs of CSL. The Category Senior Manager will effectively take a "Center of Excellence" approach to procurement projects across all the Indirect Categories. This position will work with the Senior Category Manager and Global Logistics/Supply Chain Sourcing Lead. This position will work with cross-functional global teams to build and execute project implementation plans for cost reduction initiatives and drive continuous improvement acumen across responsible categories of Indirect Spend.
This highly visible position will be also be responsible for working directly with CSL's global and regional stakeholders throughout the company to develop sourcing strategies and conduct negotiations to optimize the value for Indirect Spend while ensuring supplier performance metrics are fully met.
Develop Category Strategy and Plan
- Determines when a formal contractual agreement (global high value/risk agreements only) is needed, manages and coordinates the process of drafting, reviewing and approving the agreement
- Approval for contract negotiation and management, including drafting agreements according to standard or non-standard services in conjunction with contract team; reviewing counter changes from counter party and approving or rejecting with input from Legal; and securing approval from appropriate signatories before validating and publishing
- Responsible for development and implementation of the global category strategy and plan for all CSL sites, working with global senior business functional leaders and stakeholders
- Develop procurement plan and gather requirements, evaluate opportunities for improvement and identify internal strategies/trends; validate baseline spend
- Regularly perform strategic analysis of the category spend, market segmentation, market trends and other influencing factors that feed into a documented Opportunity Analysis Reports and Source Plans
- Review, update and refine the strategy and plan in line with CSL's strategic objectives and changes in market conditions
- Employ leading practice sourcing techniques in implementation of category strategy and plan, including 'Total Cost of Ownership' assessments, portfolio analysis, opportunity identification and analytics (value analysis and value engineering)
- Develop, track and manage performance of KPIs specific to the category
- Lead the process for establishing effective measurement, accountability for metrics and target setting
- Accountable for the effective identification and delivery of cost saving, performance improvement and risk reduction opportunities for the category
- Responsible for risk management in the category, including risk identification, mitigation strategies, reporting and implementation of action plans
- Lead a global matrix team of sourcing professionals, responsible for elements of implementation of the category strategy and tactical procurement
- Analyze company spend profile, identify and prioritize estimated potential benefits, incumbent supplies and resource requirements
- Reviews Source Plans developed by Category Specialist and Sourcing Specialist to ensure they appropriately outline the internal assessment, industry assessment, category best practices, strategy development, Supplier selection process & results from negotiations, implementation plan, and agreed upon performance metrics
- Manage supplier relationships, including conducting regularly scheduled strategic supplier review meetings with suppliers. Classify suppliers and establish a performance review team to develop performance improvement plans and evaluate progress against plan. Develop replacement and transition plans in case of supplier replacement and resourcing
- Match needs to supply, determine minimum required supplier capabilities, gather benchmarking data, analyze supply market data
- Define, review and monitor supplier performance based on an evaluation criteria, which help determine if the supplier is performing satisfactorily, needs improvement, needs re-qualification, or needs to be replaced
- Analyze, critique and strategically manage categories of spend representing key goods and services provided to CSL by various third parties; deploy various sourcing, negotiating and contracting strategies to achieve desired results
- Drive supplier managed inventory, including reviewing supply plan and delivery performance, negotiating stock replenishment orders, reporting needs and frequencies, and agreeing to stock and demand monitoring method
- Own relationship between CSL and the third party; the role monitors the agreement (global high value/risk agreements only) to ensure rights and obligations are met and if necessary, termination is needed.
- Develop supplier relationships to maximize value and minimize risk
- Set supplier and category strategies, refining savings potential and validating demand management opportunities
- Responsible for leading stakeholders and the category team to identify and annually review and reconfirm the Category Critical Supplier List
- Manage relationships with Critical Suppliers who work with multiple business units in a coordinated fashion such that communication and decision-making is effective for internal and external coordination
- Regularly report to and engage with the CSL Supplier Executive Sponsor and senior leadership regarding supplier performance, CSL requirements and key issues
- Act as an internal advocate for the supplier, serve as an escalation point for the supplier, and facilitate coordination among internal business units who interact with the supplier and encourage suppliers to share innovations
- Establish an ongoing business process review for opportunity identification with Critical Suppliers to enable the achievement of key objectives by both parties and to align long term plans
- Conduct with the supplier regular executive business reviews and operational reviews
- Develop and agree with the supplier performance metrics, track performance and ensure any performance issues or opportunities are identified and acted upon
- Establish necessary process performance management, to review performance against targets, agree required changes and action; and follow-up to ensure effective actions are taken
- Identify and bring on board key stakeholders for each category
- Develop and implement an effective governance model to maintain global standards in management and delivery of the category plan, stakeholder alignment and consistent communications
- Secure commitments from sponsors/champions
- For strategic sourcing events related to the category:
- develop the sourcing strategy in accordance with category plan
- determine the appropriate sourcing technique, which may include direct negotiation, competitive sourcing, RFx or reverse auctions
- execute or manage the execution of the sourcing event to ensure protection of cost, quality, risk and value
- Responsible for regularly communicating to and receiving from global stakeholders key strategies, developments, issues and innovations
- Set inventory strategy (and analysis) through client evaluation, criticality analysis, import requirements, sales management/strategy and supply capability to be matched
- Responsible for ensuring sourcing events are conducted in accordance with CSL policies and procedures
- Engage and manage global category resources in conduct of the event and liaise with Procurement Operations to ensure value delivery through operational processes
- Support, oversee, and manage the performance and productivity of the team as it relates to sourcing and procurement activities and pre-defined goals/targets..... click apply for full job details