Global Consumer Technology - Head of Cloud Platforms and Strategy - Dallas , Texas, United States, 75201
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID:
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure-this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) has a unique opportunity to leverage its global consumer relationships and footprint, state of the art technology and leading consumer banking position to deliver customer value in a targeted and impactful way. Citi is optimizing its relationship structure to realize a fully integrated global delivery model with technology at its core, where sales, marketing and product all work in concert on the cross platform goals of the company to deliver a remarkable customer experience. To help us continue on this journey, the Global Consumer Technology organization is currently seeking a Cloud Platform and Strategy Head.
As part of Global Consumer Technology, you'll be an integral part of our journey towards moving our applications, infrastructure and workloadsout of our data centers and into the Cloud; reaching the goal of scale, flexibility and error-free operations. Working cross functionally with the Chief Technology Office and GCT executive team, you will own the vision and strategy for Cloud adoption and drive the associated program delivery and change management.This senior strategic leadership role is of the utmost importance as we move to cloud adoption and growth. You will champion Infrastructure automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of network-centric Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving large application portfolios to the Cloud.
* Bring industry-leading thought leadership to develop and drive a "Cloud First" strategy for Citi to meet our growing need for speed to market, delivery flexibility and competitive capabilities in the increasingly challenging landscape for consumer finance services; that can be operationalized in every region and market that we operate in.
* Develop a business case and transform GCT cost model for cloud capabilities by providing a flexible, on-demand, consumption-based model.
* Collaborate with internal, enterprise partners to deliver modern capabilities from leading cloud platform and cloud services providers for GCT consumption, with fast cycle times.
* Drive adoption of cloud infrastructure and application patterns to meet speed, stability, scalability, security goals, and simultaneously deliver the associated savings from moving to cloud platforms.
* Build framework for application portfolio analysis and establish decision criteria to select applications best suited for cloud migration based on Total Cost of Ownership, workload profile, data gravity, network latency and information security needs.
* Identify motivators for cloud adoption and unblock enterprise challenges, with a focus on meeting internal security, risk and compliance standards with a common approach that enables rapid adoption of cloud across all regions and functions in consumer technology.
* Mature and develop an interface with regulators to address risk-reward for cloud adoption, ensure security, risk and compliance measures exceed any criteria established by regulatory oversight.
* Be the go-to leader for cloud adoption within regions, acting as the primary interface between the regional regulators; in partnership with CIOs, local business/finance teams, internal compliance, legal and internal/external cloud services providers globally.
* Influence cloud technology strategy, in partnership with GCT CTO, by engaging thought leaders and skilled industry experts (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, Oracle, Pivotal, Red Hat) to design fit-for-purpose solutions for Citi, balancing customization and speed of consumption.
* Partner with GCT CTO to determine security requirements to develop a best-in-class security posture (with Information Security and Enterprise Architecture leaders) that prevents franchise risk but drives adoption of cloud capabilities in a pragmatic, and repeatable manner.
* Partner with regional and functional CIOs; and application development leaders to leverage capability development across GCT in order to drive application modernization and migration to cloud platforms, by implementing standard design patterns, compliant with target state architecture.
* Collaborate with aligned architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices.
* Support Cloud Services Platform leads and interface with local procurement, risk and control, and legal for regional contracts and agreements for internal and external cloud services.
* Provide regular and meaningful management information on cloud adoption across GCT, including spend, benefits, and investment view over a multi-year period.
* Enable DevOps teams to consume cloud services efficiently by adoption of modern Continuous Delivery capabilities, training, process and governance model assessments to drive quantifiable business value with speed and cost.
* Engage with GCT Product Engineering to perform comparative analysis, proof of concepts and other studies to assess viability of new infrastructure products
* Be a culture champion:
??Drive a culture of innovation, data driven solutions and a forward compatibility mindset to ensure the workforce is seeking and leveraging emerging industry trends and changes that affect the business and the customer experience.
??Build a collaborative, customer-centric and results-oriented culture by establishing relationships with key stakeholders including CTO, regional and functional CIOs, and CATE (Enterprise O&T) leadership and leverage aligned capabilities to drive cloud adoption in GCB.
??Ensure deep integration with technology and business partners by fostering a culture of collaboration and attracting and developing talent which has technical/forward compatible fluency
??Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
* The key characteristics of the ideal candidate for the position are:
??Visionary leadership in creating a customer-focused Technology organization
??Global mindset to drive organizational change
??Excellent stakeholder management skills to ensure alignment with key partners across the organization
??Proven ability to balance risks, respective capital allocations and change complexities throughout the enterprise
* Industry-leading thought leadership and experience with internal and external cloud services, and container orchestration models
* Minimum of 15 years of experience with enterprise-level IT projects, with 5+ years on consumer banking branch, IT infrastructure, architecture, design and deployments.
* Deep technical expertise on Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and products and vendors in the cloud industry
* Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, Red Hat, Pivotal, Oracle platforms), technologies and architectural best practices.
* Understand cloud characteristics, models (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and licensing practices
* In-depth understanding of security needs for cloud adoption in the financial industry including requirements from regulators such as OCC, CFPB, MAS, HKMA etc.
* Must possess cloud industry experience and presentation-ready knowledge of popular cloud platforms and related industry trends
* Experience with taking a product to market on an internal and external cloud platform
* Experience in providing internal cloud platform capabilities for adoption by a global enterprise IT organization
* Expert level technical acumen with ability to identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of cloud services in conjunction with business requirements.
* Expert level ability to understand the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems...... click apply for full job details