Forensic Accounting, Advisory, and Assurance - Sr. Consultant - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60290
Our Chicago, Illinois office is looking for a dynamic Forensic Accounting, Advisory, and Assurance Senior Associate to join our Chicago Accounting and Assurance practice. The ideal candidate is an individual having 3 to 5 years' experience with integrity monitoring and/or construction auditing. Heavy emphasis will be on identifying fraud, waste and abuse in the construction industry.
CohnReznick is recognized as a top accounting, tax and business advisory firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a CohnReznick team member you will be offered the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an atmosphere that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and community. In a firm committed to world-class client service a successful candidate is a highly dedicated professional driven by new challenges and growth opportunities. We will provide the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
You will be responsible for:
- Development, analysis, and evaluation of accounting, financial, and business documents/records, in relation to fraud detection and prevention, risk assessments, internal control assessments, and forensic accounting
- Preparation of work papers, draft client deliverables, and working within established time and budget restrictions
- Interaction with construction owners and contractors involving inquiry and scrutiny of various project areas including procurement, payroll and timekeeping activities; The execution of integrity and compliance monitoring services including coordination and maintenance of database sites and detection and communication of engagement/task matters to managers and partners
- Conducting independent research on technical accounting and business issues
- Review and analysis of historical financial and industry data
- Identification of performance improvement opportunities
You will need:
- A BA/BS degree in accounting or a related discipline
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience and one year of audit experience required.
- A CPA is strongly preferred; at a minimum a desire to obtain the CPA license required, CFE, and/or advanced degrees' a plus.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, and communications skills (both verbal and writing)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, supervising staff and leading tasks.
- Ability to optimize technology use
- A strong attention to detail while accounting for budget constraints
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments while meeting established deadlines.
Your CR Advantage:
Competitive salary and benefits
- 401k Match
- Profit Sharing
- Discretionary annual bonuses and spot bonuses
- 25 days of Paid Time Off + 10 Holidays + 5 early closing days
- Guided career path
- Designated L&D team
- Career Coach
- Education reimbursement
- CPA bonus plan
- Resources of a national firm with the culture of a small firm
- Flexible work arrangements
- DressSmart Policy - dress for your day!
- Free on-site gym
[Firm news/team insights]
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.