Financial Strategy Group Consultant - annuity placement specialist - New York , New York, United States, 10008
- Work within the Mercer Wealth practice specializing in the financial strategy area to manage defined benefit pension risk (assets and liabilities) for new and prospective clients, and take ownership of end to end relationship through key consulting initiatives.
- Undertake matters related to accounting, funding, actuarial valuation, risk management, plan governance, investment strategy, and other corporate issues related to U.S. defined benefit plans, while coordinating with external consultants and other Mercer departments
- Support strategic initiatives throughout the business, including identification of revenue growth opportunities and strategic projects
- Possess strong leadership, analytical, problem solving and communication skills. Must have a mindset of strategic thinking and application
- Manages client revenue levels by ensuring profitable client relationships are formed and maintained.
- Supports and implements the long-term business strategy at the market level in alignment with global and regional strategy. Provides direction and focus, holds staff accountable, and drives engagement through frequent communication and dialogue.
- Leads key client integrated risk engagements and large, complex projects, directing the work of the project team, developing strategic solutions that address client needs and issues.
- Manages overall service delivery, clarifies and resolves unique and difficult issues related to client deliverables.
- Generates revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross-selling to current clients and extending current client engagements. Establishes and maintains market contacts, interacts with financial and HR executives, C-suite members, and other members of the business community.
- Supports and drives sales efforts and revenue generation within the region.
- Contributes to initiatives within the business, develops and shares new intellectual capital, and contributes to market presence by writing articles, case studies and marketing material, in addition to speaking at industry seminars and conferences.
- Minimum 10-15 years' experience within a Financial Strategy and/or Investment or Retirement, Risk and Finance Consulting environment
- Specialized knowledge of all risk transfer products and services. Ability to consultant on all products within the retirement actuarial and investment market and advise clients of appropriate choices for their situation
- CFA, EA and ASA/FSA preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.