Financial Planning Strategy and Implementation Sr. Consultant - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, 53201
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual continues to focus on financial planning as a central part of our client experience and the way our advisors help clients achieve financial security. As part of the larger Advice Practice, this team plays a vital role in this work by focusing on:
1. Setting and promoting the philosophical approach of personal financial planning at Northwestern Mutual.
This includes work such as NM's overall planning philosophy, setting best practices around planning, creating appropriate planning assumptions, creating definitions (e.g. a "complete" fact finder), ensuring planning facilitates sales, and more!
2. Defining, and empowering other teams to drive change in, how our financial advisors should ideally deliver planning.
This includes work such as measuring and identifying high priority areas for field development efforts, providing expertise for field-facing training materials/programs/schools, helping write planning language advisors could use with clients, and more!
3. Partnering with internal stakeholders to help them incorporate financial planning in their work.
This might include work such as acting as a subject matter expert for other areas of the company, helping other teams integrate planning into their efforts, presenting to teams and communicating planning to the larger organization.
Individuals on this team should have a background in financial planning, strong communication skills, are highly motivated, and have the ability to independently drive initiatives. Planning is broad and has a lot of internal stakeholders; this team needs to network, identify and engage others across the organization, use diplomacy to balance multiple points of view, and often influence without formal authority. Individuals on this team should be up-to-date with the financial industry's practices, products, and strategies; as well as have the ability to research and confidently create best practices and stances around complex financial planning topics (leveraging the knowledge of other teams when needed). This team celebrates curiosity, enthusiastic debate, being open to thinking about things in a new way, and the ability to get a bit "nerdy" while still being able to zoom out and communicate complex topics clearly and succinctly. Remote employees will be considered, but as there will be a need for strong advocacy with teams across the company, local placement is preferred.
Bring your best! This role requires:
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning industry
- CLU(R), ChFC(R), and/or CFP(R) a plus.
- Highly motivated, enjoys getting things done, and can work well independently
- Knowledge of NM's field, field's tools, and how NM advisors deliver financial security to clients is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable digging into numbers, data, and planning tools
- Experience creating and using research a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex topics clearly and succinctly.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!