Finance Director, Supply Chain - Dallas , Texas, United States, 75270
Job Description & Requirements
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for strengthening and managing FP&A in support of Operations. He/she will develop and lead a team in providing business decision support, analytics, and reports.
- Develops and enhances financial planning processes and corporate-wide requirements; improves Financial Teams' analytical capabilities; develops planning standards.
- Ensures that the Strategic Financial Planning process for the Company links to the long-term operational strategies of the Company.
- Performs variance analysis vs. prior years, budgets, and plans; include accompanying written business analysis to identify problems areas and make suggestions for improvement; develop and analyze performance metrics.
- Supports the Company's key initiatives including new product introductions, plant expansions, acquisitions, and cost reductions
- Assists in preparing Board materials and other formal financial packages for senior management; on monthly, quarterly, and annual bases.
- Assists in coordinating the Annual Budget and present to senior management monthly updates on business risks and opportunities that will have a financial impact on the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training, and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of finance and business experience, preferably some of which has been in a consumer products company, or an industry where the finance function plays an active role.
- Demonstrated strength in financial planning and analysis in a company with complex business strategies.
- Experience leading an FP&A function in a sophisticated large company environment.
- Analytical experience in one or more functional areas with accent on Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Product Management / Development.
- Proven efficiency in identifying performance drivers and setting targets
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.