FRM NAM Capital Strategy - Analytics Analyst - New York , New York, United States, 10001
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Financial Resources Management
The management of capital, liquidity, collateral and balance sheet is a key area of focus for senior management, recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. As a firm, our ability to effectively lead our businesses in these areas will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness.
The ICG FRM team provides in-business leadership and subject matter expertise on capital, liquidity, tax and other financial resource management issues with a primary purpose of driving greater efficiency and flexibility of resource consumption. This broad mandate includes driving business strategy for financial resource management, advising senior management and clients on implications of regulatory change and strategic priorities, coordinating advocacy efforts, and leading and participating in cross-business and cross-functional working groups to deliver improved data, calculation and management processes related to capital, liquidity and tax.
FRM Capital Strategy - Analytics Team
The FRM Capital Strategy - Analytics team focuses on deeper analytical understanding of current and upcoming internal and regulatory capital measures, and their implications on strategic business priorities, client activity and market practices. Team members get to learn about new and upcoming topics in the space, and interact with various internal Business, Risk and Finance stakeholders to drive change. The analyses, insights and presentations from the team are regularly featured in senior management discussions and inform strategic decisions made by ICG management.
In this role you will be responsible for partnering with business and client teams to provide capital related analytical expertise on new deals, resolve inefficiencies in capital calculations, and investigate emerging areas of focus. From a development standpoint, the role provides a fast-paced and exciting learning environment where development of subject matter is encouraged and exchange of ideas is valued.
Acumen & Communication
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and communicate within a team
- High degree of self-advocacy, motivation, and development
- Highest level of professionalism and business acumen
Creative Problem Solving
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, and scope
- Ability to understand complex ideas and problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to identify, communicate, and advocate for solutions at both high and granular levels
Partnership & Collaborative Success
- Appetite to partner with other stakeholders in the firm to drive objectives to delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills to identify and resolve conflict to mitigate roadblocks
- Ability to defend the team's interest and priorities, while putting the firm first
- Very high ability to develop an analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- Knowledge of financial products including derivatives, SFTs, financing, and loans
- Able to learn new systems quick and maximize development of available tools
- Strong querying, prototyping skills and knowledge of programming languages, such as Python, are also preferred
- Bachelor's degree and significant qualifications in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Math, Financial Engineering, Physics or related field
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience in the Financial Services industry and knowledge of financial products
- Proven analytical skills for developing data analysis and quantitative strategies
- A demonstrated history of delivering on initiatives
- Ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm
- An ability to manage personal workload and agenda independently but in alignment with the priorities of the business unit
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
- Familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
- A foundational understanding of Basel III and other regulatory rules
Additionally, the candidate should have an appetite to develop a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- Basel III capital regulations
- Knowledge of stress testing techniques and risk management
- Markets and Banking products and services
- ICG operations and technology systems architecture