Executive Director of Strategy, Market Access and Emerging Channels - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Executive Director of Strategy, Market Access and Emerging Channels is responsible for leading a team to provide actionable intelligence and reference-based analysis that supports Amgen United States Business Operations (USBO) strategic payer and reimbursement business decisions and improves Amgen's competitive position. This leader will coordinate with the corporate strategy team with analysis of the evolving landscape in the US healthcare environment. In addition, this role will oversee a marketing team charged with the creation of Employer, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Retail and emerging channels portfolio strategies. The Executive Director, Market Access Intelligence & Analysis reports directly to the Vice President United States, Market Access & Payer Strategy and the position is located at Amgen's US headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a team (n=3-5) to assist senior United States Value and Access (USV&A) and Corporate Strategy leadership to identify key payer/market access trends, topics for further exploration and Employer, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and emerging channels strategies
- Manage the budget investments to meet the team and USBO Objectives
- Develop and deliver key customer sector (i.e. Commercial Insurers, PBM's, Integrated Health Systems and other emerging healthcare corporate/organized players) intelligence analysis
- Advise the Amgen US business reimbursement, value and access (RAV) teams regarding disease and brand level strategy in emerging markets and supports the strategic and marketing support for Local Healthcare Market (LHM) teams
- Compile useful data from research literature, polls, surveys, census data, insurance filings, and expert interviews to identify the expected impact of healthcare landscape changes, including disruptors (software firms, VC funders etc.). The in-depth knowledge generated about the healthcare and political landscape will be leveraged to weigh the costs and benefits of proposed policies or external initiatives.
- Leverage collections of secondary and primary data for use in business intelligence analysis
- Mine internal data for relevant correlations and opportunities to improve competitiveness
- Provide objective perspectives on competitors including insight into trends, tactics, and operations
- Draft concise, actionable intelligence reports
- Develop action plans and analytical approaches for addressing key intelligence topics
- Doctorate degree & 6 years of strategy, market or competitive intelligence experience OR
- Master's degree & 10 years strategy, market or competitive intelligence experience OR
- Bachelor's degree & 12 years of strategy, market or competitive intelligence experience AND
- 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience working for or consulting with key customer sector groups (i.e. Commercial Insurers, PBM's, Integrated Health Systems and other emerging healthcare corporate/organized players)
- Deep US healthcare insurance, PBM or healthcare systems experience
- Brand, channel or business segment marketing experience
- Ability to translate complex analysis and topics into digestible oral and written communications, including providing analysis and judgement to compare and formulate recommendations
- Knowledge of competitive intelligence processes
- Experience in understanding critical factors, asking the right questions, and uncovering key issues and drivers
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Intellectual and business acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Prior management experience
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in marketing, economics, finance or engineering
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.