Executive Director, Enterprise Data Strategy & Analytics - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
We are looking for an Executive Director, Enterprise Data Strategy & Analytics to join the Amgen team. This individual will be responsible for coordinating all data needs across functions, regions and brand businesses. The ideal candidate will deploy both vision and strategy for how data generation, innovation, reporting, and efficiencies are connected to both individual brand or functional needs, and Amgen's enterprise strategy and mission.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and a deep knowledge of healthcare data, platform analytics, data strategy, and product and engineering connection points. This person will oversee operational oversight of day-to-day data strategy team (analysts and coordinators) along with execution of daily workflow. The candidate will work closely with product teams and enterprise initiatives and connect frequently with functional leads to ensure all data needs are pushing towards operational efficiencies and further revenue generation. The candidate would also have had previous experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Health and Innovation, within Amgen's Strategy, Commercialization and Innovation function the Executive Director, Enterprise Data Strategy & Analytics will
- Lead, develop, execute and maintain vision and strategies that leverage data to drive significant value for Amgen and patients
- Be a trusted partner and provide guidance and recommendations on how data can be leveraged to answer questions and solve problems
- Drive Data Culture at Amgen, including hiring and onboarding, initial and ongoing training, harmonized data governance and management, policy generation and enforcement, and monitoring and reporting of relevant performance metrics, etc.
- Develop and execute a harmonized data acquisition process, including frameworks for business case assumptions, prioritizing value with regards to strategy, risks, etc. as well as cross-functional decision-making processes
- Lead data process change at the senior leadership level; includes assisting with developing training materials and facilitating training sessions
- Meet regularly with subject matter experts to develop a deep understanding of the business and business needs as it pertains to data efficiency and scaling methods
- Anticipate data needs across the organization and sit with other functional leads to both answer critical strategic questions, problem solve and support all data complexities
- Manage relationships at both Platform and 3rd party vendors to company at the highest level with oversight and responsibility for $150M data spend
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies -- along with their potential application to existing or future offerings
- Develop operational metrics and report to management quarterly on key initiatives and process enhancements
- Lead team of analysts and managers to execute responsibilities listed above in line with Amgen Values
- Doctorate degree and 6 years of experience in healthcare technology, consulting and/or analytics to drive business strategy OR
- Master's degree and 10 years of experience in healthcare technology, consulting and/or analytics to drive business strategy OR
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience in healthcare technology, consulting and/or analytics to drive business strategy AND
- 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, brands, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 15 or more years of experience and a series of leadership roles with increasing scope and scale in the technology or biopharmaceutical industries
- Knowledge of analytics approaches in biopharma including descriptive and predictive analytics as well as primary research approaches in competitive intelligence, quantitative and qualitative market research
- Recruited, developed, mentored and motivated executives as well as built teams of Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Data Designers that deliver results and achieve objectives to support business needs
- Managed projects involving multiple functions with shared accountabilities. Built collaborative relationships with colleagues, understands the needs of various functions, values their input and communicates effectively
- Operational experience as a country or business unit General Manager with P&L responsibility
- Ability to translate complex data insights into actionable business recommendations
- Views issues from multiple perspectives, is willing to compromise to achieve objectives, and is adept at resolving conflicts
- Interacts with senior executives and remains professional and respectful in all situations
- Develops and delivers concise and well supported briefings. Possesses the knowledge, credibility and maturity to influence senior management
- Thinks strategically about issues impacting an entire portfolio of therapeutics across geographies and various stages of development
- Experience managing multiple senior stakeholders, prioritizing across a multitude of responsibilities and allocating resources to drive impact
- Oral, written and presentation skills to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Self-starter with a desire to grow personally and professionally
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.