Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance, Senior Analyst - Mc Lean , Virginia, United States, 22107
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time
The Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance Senior Analyst will be responsible for the development, modifications, execution and measurement of company data policies, standards and guidelines which affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect. Creates information strategies around data quality, implementation of a future state data architecture, metadata and information governance.
The candidate will support large, strategic, cross-disciplinary business change efforts and requires the ability to change the thinking of and/or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damaging relationships. Resolves problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. Owns one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural "experts" representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables. Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives. Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership roles. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories
Governance Design and Implementation
- Assist in establishing and governing an enterprise data governance technology implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define and report on indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Assists with the development and management of the ownership, stewardship, operational structure, oversight and assurance of stakeholder participation required to manage information as a critical asset
- Proactively champions the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and promoting those ideas into action; including developing and implementing communication, learning, change management and adoption plans
- Support Tertiary Operations, inclusive of triaging incidents with a focus on recovery, roto cause analysis, resiliency testing, and preventive monitoring.
- Communicate with end-users of upcoming deployments and production activities
- Identify and report on risks on all projects in the portfolio
- Manage and report on scope, schedule, and budget for all projects in the portfolio
- Perform impact assessments of new work, changes in work, and expansions of existing scope
- Measure and report on project health and KPIs
- Identify and implement cross-project efficiencies where possible
- Maintain integrated progress tracking and reporting
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships across business lines, technology and BTOs
- Influence without direct authority to drive governance approach alignment
- Work closely with the business partner and the PMO
- Establish and maintain strong functional relationships with business partners and stakeholders
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Typically has 5 - 7 years of related experience
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Understand complexities of providing enterprise view for decentralized execution
- Knowledge in tools used to identify and manage unstructured data
- Has defined and implemented information lifecycle management practices
- Knowledge in risk associated with data management and mitigation approaches
- Has created a reporting and monitoring program to support the data strategy
- Experience with Data Management/Governance Tool Suites (Collibra, Informatica, etc.)
- Secondary mortgage domain experience
- Experience in a compliance environment
- Experience in managing Data Governance programs
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work under limited direction independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Able to gain support from multiple parties
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to collaborate with Data Architecture team
- Ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance, Senior Analyst
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State