Enterprise Architect - Dell Financial Services - Round Rock , Texas, United States, 78664
p> Enterprise Architect - Dell Financial Services
Round Rock, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can-t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Research and Development Architect on our IT team in Austin, TX. Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers- business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We-re skilled in analyzing the customer-s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
Dell Financial Services is looking for an enterprise architect with a passion for technology strategy at the CIO organization level and for cross-functional integration within a large-scale enterprise. An ideal candidate would have mastered the fundamental skills of architecture and has been a practicing professional architect within one of the specializations prior to moving into the Enterprise Architecture practice.
- Align IT strategy and planning with company's business goals. Long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems. Map the platform architecture to business strategy. Leverage tools such as business capability modeling to understand the impacts to the organization's critical business imperatives.
- Communicate information's key role in overall business success. Use quantifiable information metrics linked to business key performance indicators (KPIs) whenever possible.
- Treat information as a strategic asset. Information warrants its own strategy to ensure its economic benefits are fully maximized. Indirect and direct data monetization and focus on information governance, metadata and master data essential for business outcomes to capture value and minimize risk.
- Make technology-agnostic architecture decisions. Use tools to understand what information-based abilities are needed to solve specific business challenges. Such tools should identify where big data architectures complement, extend or replace others in your information landscape.
- Stay ahead of digital disruptions, accelerate the ideation process.
- 15+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor-s degree; or 12+ years and a Master-s degree; or a PhD with 8+ years- experience; or equivalent experience
- Strong business and domain knowledge within financial services industry
- History of solving significantly complex problems with robust, stable, scalable, cost-effective designs
- History of defining architectural strategy, experience architecting cloud-based solutions and large scale distributed applications
- Experience in at least two IT disciplines in a multi-tier environment, including, but not limited to: database management, technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, or operations
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Project Management background with Agile and Scrum
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
- provided by Dice