Domain Solutions Director - JDA/Supply Chain - Alpharetta , Georgia, United States, 30004
New direction - New CIO - New Opportunity!!
The primary responsibility of the Domain Solution Director is to effectively manage the solution design and demand for IT within the Supply Chain functional business area at all levels.
JDA/Manugistics experience a plus as the role works extensively with the JDA tool.
The Domain Solutions Director builds and drives relationships at a senior level within the business and the IT department. He/She is actively involved in the direct delivery of projects or application maintenance. They are also involved with the planning and performance review of current and future application capabilities, including system performance and capacity, routine enhancement and maintenance, and potential projects of all sizes.
From the perspective of the business unit, the Domain Solution Director is an advocate and the business domain?s frontline representative to the IT group. The Domain Solutions Director represents the business' plans and priorities to the IT organization and is a source of innovative ideas and approaches.
From the perspective of the IT organization, the Domain Solutions Directoris the IT organization's chief advocate, marketer and communicator. The person guides the domain in effectively investing in IT and also lobbies for adequate funding to accomplish the domain?s application strategy. The Domain Solutions Director keeps the business leaders? and the IT organization informed of each other's plans, issues, changes and important milestones.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, IT, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- JDA/Manugistics Experience a plus.
- 15 or more years in IT and industry.
- Experience (beyond IT) influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Extensive business and application domain knowledge.
- Working understanding of the energy storage industry, major business processes, key performance indicators and performance trends for assigned business areas.
- Solid understanding of the current and planned technical architecture, platforms and solutions that support the business.
- Domain Solution Director needs a broad awareness of technology trends that are evolving outside the enterprise.
- Fluent in the language of both sides (business and IS) and a thorough working knowledge of governance policies and practices.
- Excellence in communication, collaboration, negotiation and problem-solving are paramount to success.
- Ability to summarize a technology issue, explain its relevance and outline a course of action for business executives.
- Ability to effectively converse about the in-depth details.
- Understanding of financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Ability to construct, review and analyse business cases for proposed initiatives and projects.
- Capable of easily adapting to a wide array of stakeholders, creating bonds of trust and confidence and delivering appropriate answers for the situation.
- Strong leadership, facilitation and influencing skills
- Politically Savvy
- Ability to successfully partner with demanding internal stakeholders
- Thinking in ?implementable solutions?
- Proactive ?can-do? attitude
- Results-oriented with a dynamic profile and the ability to motivate, develop, change and teach.
- Global mindset and cultural understanding
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide?s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world?s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2
Category Information Technology
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical energy solutions-batteries and associated equipment and services for transportation and industrial markets. With 128 years of industry experience and operating in more than 80 countries, Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products that keep customers and their businesses powering forward. Leading car, truck and lift truck manufacturers trust Exide as an original equipment supplier, and Exide serves the transportation and industrial aftermarket through a comprehensive portfolio of products and services. The Company's extensive sales, distribution and service network provides flexibility and quality for an exceptional customer experience.
At Exide Technologies, It All Starts Now. History and scale, combined with a start-up mentality, make Exide the faster, more nimble, more innovative, more digital, and more responsive alternative for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier. Exide is "the 128 Year Old Start-Up," and the Company is moving forward-bringing the energy of the "new Exide" to customers around the world.