Director of Supply Chain - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90079
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Well-established and growing health and wellness brand located near North Hollywood is seeking an experienced Director of Supply Chain who will be responsible for overseeing all steps that comprise the supply chain process, including planning, procurement, and vendor management.
A growing health and wellness products company located near Reseda, CA.
- Ensure entire supply chain is efficient, on time and cost effective.
- Lead cross collaboration between the supply chain organization and other departments, including product development, QA, finance, customer service, and marketing.
- Manage existing supplier relationships and source new onesonships and source new ones.
- Identify cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities across.
- Develop and communicate Key Performance Indicators, including vendors performance metrics.
- Communicate issues, concerns and recommendations, including corrective and preventative action plan.
- Oversee all direct supply chain and product related spend.
- Visit vendor locations, as needed, to examine ongoing packaging projects to ensure conformance to project requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years general Supply Chain experience with an emphasis on consumer products especially nutritional supplements and/or cosmetics.
- Deep experience in working with contract manufacturers
- Excellent knowledge of systems, preferably NetSuite and HighJump.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain methods and procedures, including but not limited to sourcing, purchasing, inventory management.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to put together a talented, efficient team and should be able to interact and communicate effectively across multiple departments in the organization.
- Experience and ability to interact and maintain good vendor relations in order to develop a broad, strong supplier base for the Company.
- Experience and great skills with developingstrategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
Competitve base salary and benefits