Director of Strategy - Irvine , California, United States, 92614
Are you passionate about helping build the global leader in the environmental industry and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to excellence, to new ideas, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in our Irvine office, the Montrose headquarters. Who are we? We are Montrose, the premier environmental services provider.
The Director of Strategy will be responsible for helping shape Montrose's strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions / investments across all of Montrose's geographies and businesses. You'll need at least 10+ years of experience of Management Consulting and/or Corporate Development and welcome the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
We have currently expanded into Canada and Australia so multi-national experience, or the interest to gain that experience, is preferred.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people.
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need.
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a key member of the Corporate Development team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Montrose's Corporate Development team is responsible for helping shape Montrose's strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments across all of Montrose's geographies and businesses. As the environmental landscape evolves, the Corporate Development team partners with the various regions and service verticals to evaluate, analyze, and execute all of Montrose's strategic investments.
- The Director of Strategy will collaborate with the Montrose leadership team to lead the company's business and corporate development initiatives. He/she will manage Montrose's marketplace interaction and relationships, which will, in turn, accelerate entrepreneurial growth and global innovation initiatives and enhance the organizations partnerships. He/she will provide leadership in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities, partnerships/alliances and joint ventures. The successful candidate will be a key partner to the business across all divisions.
- Support Montrose's growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential investments and joint ventures by the company
- Manage Montrose's current and potential global relationships with partners and/or competitors to drive innovation. Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition of customers and skilled employees to the Montrose management team
- Collaborate with the Corporate Development team and the Senior Business Unit Leaders to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion. Build relationships with each business unit to keep an ongoing flow of ideas that is aligned with the business units' objectives
- Manage Montrose's global industry engagement and relationships with advisors. Serve as a Montrose interface with partner companies and the point of coordination for all co investment and other activities with these companies
- Partner with business leaders to ensure the projects make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing customer and skilled employees acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR and other departments of Montrose to ensure seamless execution
- Evaluate and execute other strategic initiatives such as joint ventures and partnership activities
- Manage key deliverables including creating analyses, overseeing execution and identifying next steps in process flow
- Play a key role in all of Montrose's Strategic activities and provide summaries and presentation materials to communicate recommendations to senior management and other internal stakeholders
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- 10+ years of experience in: i) Corporate Development or M&A at a large global Corporation or Investment Bank; or ii) Management Consulting at a top-tier Firm
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- Significant experience in leading teams to execute all aspects of transactions / projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of service industries
- Experience working in a demanding environment with highly motivated and driven professionals
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to structure and manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work
- Global or multi-national business experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
MAKE THE MOVE
We are an environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements. Montrose Environmental Group has over 50 offices across the United States, Canada and Australia and over 1,300 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from Montrose and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.