Director of Strategic Sourcing - Santa Cruz , California, United States, 95064
In this new role, the Director of Strategic Sourcing will be setting the strategy for how Ecology Action engages and negotiates with strategic partners to drive energy savings for our customers across all delivery channels. Strategic partners include utilities, installation partners (i.e. contractors, subcontractors, program implementers) and equipment vendors (i.e. distributors and manufacturers).
The Director of Strategic Sourcing will serve as the relationship manager for these partners by developing business relationships, establishing operating agreements, and acting as an escalation resource as projects move through delivery. They will be responsible for negotiating and brokering win-win pricing arrangements with our partners to drive maximum value for our commercial customers. While originally an individual contributor role, it may expand to a leadership position over time. This role is based out of our Santa Cruz Headquarters.
Utility Engagement & Negotiation:
- Assess and prioritize utility engagement strategy to thoughtfully expand Ecology Action's utility network to benefit major account customers.
- Develop business relationships with new utilities and become subject matter expert on rebate opportunities with new and existing utilities.
- Research and source rebate opportunities on behalf of our major account customers
- Lead negotiations with utilities for rebate and incentives, as applicable.
- Coordinate with Solutions Design on strategic partner / product enhancements.
Installation Partner & Equipment Vendor Network:
- Establish a culture within Ecology Action that pragmatically and aggressively seeks to expand the organization's capabilities by leveraging partner and vendor capacity, including:
- Execute partner and vendor agreements to foster a shared understanding of how we engage and work together.
- Document and publish partner and vendor agreements and policies for use across internal EA teams.
- Coordinate workflow and communication amongst partners and vendors and Ecology Action staff.
- Design, implement, grow, and maintain our Installation Partner and Equipment Vendor Network.
- Define how Ecology Action will support partners and vendors in the sourcing and delivery of projects across all program models.
- Assess and inventory existing relationships to determine fit and gaps within our Installation Partner & Equipment Vendor Network. Understand the key strengths of each partner/vendor and facilitate successful projects that leverage partner/vendor competencies.
- Establish pro-active installation partner and equipment vendor recruitment strategy and prioritization for delivery across all program models and ensure we have a deep and diverse bench of partners & vendors, including:
- Coordinate strategy and recruitment with Channel Partner team.
- Annually evaluate performance of installation partners to ensure they remain a good fit.
- Lead strategic communication and coordination with the Installation Partner & Equipment Vendor Network on ways to grow and improve relationship.
- Coordinate with Solutions Design on strategic partner / product enhancements
- Research new equipment vendors and installation partners.
- Build relationships with new installation partners and equipment vendors to support Ecology Action's strategic growth and product expansion.
- Facilitation successful integration into the Installation Partner & Equipment Vendor Network.
- Oversee/lead price negotiations with installation partners and equipment vendors, as applicable
- As new partners and vendors are onboarded, coordinate handoff to the Delivery Team who will oversee the day to day management of installation partners and equipment vendors once a project is underway.
- Act as partner/vendor's account manager and path of escalation
- Lead in quarterly check ins with active partners and vendors to monitor progress and identify improvements. Coordinate these check ins with the Delivery team.
- Coordinate with sales and delivery to establish streamlined tools for partners/vendors to use.
- Conduct periodic travel to conduct meetings, attend conferences and visit specific installations with key strategic partners/vendors.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with utilities.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience serving as or managing relationships with contractors, distributors and/or manufacturers.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of energy efficiency, energy storage, solar, or other related fields.
- Proven contract negotiation and management skills.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS and/or eight years of experience in a professional setting or twelve years' experience in a professional setting.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Experience designing strategic partner networks.
- Experience managing a network of building trade professionals.
- Familiarity or experience with California utility energy efficiency programs.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of energy efficiency technologies and delivery strategies.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM.
- Superb time management and organization.
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated.
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional, matrixed work environment.
- Proven relationship management experience.
- Partner-oriented business philosophy.
- Ability to adapt work style and approach to evolving market conditions.
- Diplomatic and creative problem solver.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk and hear, and use a computer keyboard and monitor. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment is an office setting.
Compensation: Ecology Action offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and flexible spending benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life insurance. Driving an insured personal vehicle on company business is required, and mileage reimbursement is provided at the Federal rate.
More About Us
Ecology Action is an award-winning non-profit consultancy that provides innovative solutions to the energy, water, and transportation challenges of cities, governments, and utilities across California. We have four decades of experience helping people make simple yet profound changes that have big environmental impact. We believe that when individuals and businesses make simple changes in their behavior they drive large scale changes that benefit people and the planet. This translates into reduced carbon emissions, stronger businesses, healthier communities and a sustainable future for all. Together, we help people, businesses and communities act now.
Ecology Action believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description outlines primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but is not intended to be a comprehensive description of job responsibilities. We expect each employee to offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Ecology Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as an employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Ecology Action does not offer a company paid relocation program.