Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement - San Carlos , California, United States, 94070
US Dollar . USD -
The firm is a financial technology company founded in 2005.
- Communicate and educate cross functionally a procurement and sourcing process and strategy to improve vendor performance and reduce cost.
- Initial focus will be on setting up sourcing policies and procedures as an enabling function for the business. Will need to work with existing systems and collaboratively with Accounting, Legal and Compliance teams as well as Business Owners.
- Create Vendor performance metrics and assist Business Owners with periodic Vendor Business Reviews.
- Partner with Business Owners to formulate a sourcing strategy for key categories/areas of spend. Identify opportunities for cost savings, better business terms and improved contract coverage.
- Lead in contract negotiation, partnering with business, legal and data security teams.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate opportunities for strategic sourcing, provide analysis and communicate appropriately to Business Owners.
- Drive targeted savings in defined areas. Track and report savings in accordance with an established savings reporting methodology.
- Coordinate and partner with suppliers and internal stakeholders to deliver best practice strategies and communications.
- Bachelor's or Master Degree or equivalent plus 10 to 15 years' relevant experience working in Sourcing/Procurement.
- Strong communication, relationship building, influencing, persuasion, presentation, conflict resolution and business analysis skills.
- Possess high integrity combined with good business acumen, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution.