Director of Strategic Sourcing - Supplier Risk & Compliance - New York , New York, United States, 10001
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal & external control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support supplier selection and development. Understand and promote the business environment and risk management approaches of company.
This individual will be responsible to manage the overall function and supporting programs but also to develop and enhance the existing tool set. To support our Sourcing & Category Managers as they create risk mitigation plans, to include training, but also to highlight to senior management the risks within our supply chain to obtain buy-in and support to various risk mitigation activities recommended to reduce such risks.
- This position requires a BS degree in Business or QA Management, Procurement/Sourcing, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent.
- Functional knowledge & experience related to Supplier Risk Identification and Mitigation, and knowledge of common industry related methods, processes, and tools.
- Working experience within ISO22301 Business Continuity Management environment and knowledge of related processes is highly preferred
- Experience working within regulated product markets; such as Biotech, Medical, and/or Aerospace a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive risk management, strategic sourcing and/or QA responsibilities, spend responsibilities of more than $100 Million USD, management experience, and a thorough understanding and experience in sourcing processes and practices is required
- Proven track record of innovation regarding method, process, and tool development and deployment and required
- Ability to generate and promote innovate ideas and challenge the status quo. A never-ending drive for continuous improvement is required.
- An Innovative performer with ability to think outside of the box, ability to self-direct and motivate direct team, counterparts, and other team members is required.
- Service mind-set required. Understands and appreciates internal & external customers and their requirements.
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within supply risk management within company.