Director of Strategic Marketing Consulting - Healthcare - New York , New York, United States, 10007
* Have you discovered that working on the client side doesn't offer enough opportunity to accelerate your career path?
* Are you eager for a position that offers a diverse range of projects that won't pigeonhole you into a narrow specialty?
* Are you looking for flexible work arrangements that offer work-from-home and/or presence in Lower Manhattan, suburban Boston, downtown Chicago and other locations?
If so, consider joining Epsilon's growing Healthcare Omni-channel Customer Experience Practice. Epsilon's progressive marketers and strategists work to use data and new technology to create more intimate and interesting ways for our healthcare clients to engage with their patients and healthcare professionals.
We are seeking a Director of strategic consulting as we expand our team of outstanding digital strategists. We seek candidates who have 4-7 years of healthcare experience to work with our VPs to elevate our clients' digital marketing maturity. Our highly collaborative healthcare practice supports major global clients (pharma, health insurance, payer, provider), and our expert team mentors talent into the most sophisticated marketing challenges today.
Epsilon healthcare strategists have one or both of these primary skillsets:
* Consulting for clients embarking on enterprise digital transformation involving new personalization technologies and data-driven communications.
* Delivering omni-channel strategies for brands and therapeutic areas and ensuring those strategies are pulled through during execution for healthcare clients. Skills include planning personalized customer experiences across all addressable and anonymous channels (accent on data and digital).
Due to the versatile nature of our assignments, the director may be asked to perform a variety of the following tasks:
* Participate in proprietary methodology to assess companies' issues, opportunities and needs by developing interview guides, leading interviews of stakeholders, collaborating with cross-functional subject matter experts to interpret data, and draw insights and conclusions from the output.
* Manipulate, analyze and visualize data to reveal trends in program performance (HCP / patient) relative to the defined strategy and identify key opportunities for improvement.
* Develop and deliver campaign measurement decks that show insights drawn from the data; formulate recommendations for optimization.
* Define client brand, franchise, sales force or payer strategies (which usually include CRM), and tactics that deliver on those strategies.
* Create visuals of patient journeys, cadence maps.
* Manage scope and deliverables for multiple projects on individual accounts.
* Help clients and internal team members make good use of Epsilon's data solutions.
* Monitor and synthesize market research relative to our clients as well as industry best practices and emerging solutions that can be applied to our clients' business.
* Develop business pro-formas under the direction of sr. strategy directors / VPs.
* Develop business rules that enable implementation of strategies via marketing automation tools (e.g. Adobe), such as next best action and predictive messaging.
* Collaborate with the analytics team to develop measurement plans.
* Manage and teach junior resources.
Background and Skills Required:
* Minimum: Bachelor's Degree, prefer business, sales or marketing, or equivalent. Master's Degree preferred.
* 4-7 years of experience, in some combination of management consulting, CRM, digital marketing / media within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry (agency or client setting).
The ideal candidate should possess many of the following skills and personal characteristics:
* Able to develop and present materials to clients
* Strong ownership with sense of driving value for clients.
* Strong understanding of marketing channels and how they interact to drive customer experiences in the healthcare space. In particular, must be familiar with the role of sponsored, third-party communications to physicians.
* Understanding of social media.
* Understands and can apply the principles of segmentation and communication strategy.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to present data, analysis and statistics in a simple and clear way.
* Able to make quantitatively-oriented recommendations to solve business problems, based on real customer information and trends.
* Can recommend analytical tools and approaches to solve client business problems.
* Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical data sets (e.g. APLD).
* Strong client management skills.
* Advanced teamwork skills, able to work across teams seamlessly with diverse groups.
* Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with competing resources and deadlines.
* Able to handle ambiguity, self-starter, an individual who creates opportunity from complexity.
* Must be highly competent with Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel Requirements: 20%-60% annually, as required. Periodic on-site presence at client site is expected.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon?? is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit and follow us on
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.