Director of Sourcing & Procurement - Buffalo, Minnesota, United States, 55313
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Global Sourcing, or other closely related field required. Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
Experience: 6+ Years of relevant experience in sourcing/purchasing with demonstrated success. Minimum two (2) years' experience in a corporate management role.
Position Summary: Responsible for developing and executing a sourcing strategy that delivers best in class supply chain performance with optimized total-cost, enhanced quality, delivery and value add measures. Delivers impactful company wide and departmental improvements including continuously enhancing the associated supplier partnerships. Directs the efforts of the supply chain team including planning, qualification, sourcing and fulfillment by approaching the opportunities with a proactive, strategic and company-wide and inclusive leadership style. Measures and improves the supply chain experience both internally and externally by enhancing communication, effectively leadership, mentoring and driving decision making based on measurable and trustworthy data. Serves as a strong leader with the internal and external stakeholders, and team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, develops and implements business plans and budgets, including long-range objectives, performance goals and metrics for each category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Finance, Engineering and Estimating, Business Development and other departments as needed to champion cross-functional sourcing initiatives.
- Develops and maintains exceptional internal and external relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers, and industry/professional organizations, regularly monitoring the external landscape and facilitates the sharing, interpretation and adoption of sourcing best-practices.
- Cultivates, attracts, develops and retains high performing individuals and teams. Establishes expectations and monitors delegated activities of direct reports to accomplish business objectives and achievement towards annual operating plans.
- Develops and implements systematic approaches and frameworks which support the development of best-in-class sourcing expertise, capabilities, and competencies throughout the department.
- Performs research of key commodity markets and provides data and reports to the VP and Sourcing group to support purchasing decision-making and inventory risk management.
- Drives bottom line results through collaboration with sourcing strategies, supplier management and external business partnerships while strategizing to minimize total costs.
- Understands category specific principles and value of analytics.
- Evaluates forecasting tools to develop financial proposals that secures key equipment, materials or queue positions to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Approves the planning process with Category Managers in developing and recommending sourcing solutions, supplier qualification/audit requirements, and channels for distribution and execution of best practices for the assigned categories.
- Applies complex analytics to enable optimized cost savings and ensure an adequate supply chain.
- Creates an environment where Category Managers develop collaborative business relationships with strategic vendors.
- Oversees that Category Managers develop and maintain positive vendor relationships. Approves, and participates when needed, in the Category Manager vendor contract negotiations, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service, relationships and timeliness (where applicable). Ensures all goods and services meet established standards. Addresses business unit complaints, requests, and questions and resolves within guidelines.
- Assures proper analysis and application of internal and external industry specific research information, to determine Company direction in designated categories, reasons for pricing increases/decreases, capacity needs and limits, and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with operational needs goals.
- Manages supplier warranty claims with Engineering, Quality and Warranty Manager for cost recovery and/or corrective measures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a supplier management program and provides leadership to Supplier Quality Engineering team.
- With support of Accounting and Finance, builds business cases for Supply Chain investment projects, from advanced inventory purchases to capital investments. This may include ROI analyses and other financial outcomes that are expected.
Additional Job Functions
- Identify opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to improve efficiency.
- Collaborates and cooperates with all corporate departments.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A proven track record of strong leadership, business acumen, and strategic thinking in conjunction with outstanding ability to drive results are essential.
- Strong skills in conducting contract negotiations strategies, directly negotiation distribution contracts and agreements of significant complexity and ability to write complex distribution agreements to protect the company's interests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional communications, planning, problem solving, strategic reasoning, teamwork, change management, business acumen and business ethics.
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives.
- Knowledge of contract terms, conditions and legal ramifications.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Strong understanding of supply/commodity markets.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong understanding of the industry.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Some travel is required. (25%)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.