Director of Solutions Consulting- Institutional & Investment Managemen - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02298
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We are seeking a talented individual to lead a global sales consulting team for SS&C's Institutional & Investment Management (I&IM) group.
The Solutions Consulting group provides subject matter expertise for the sales team and works closely with them as a key advisor and product expert. Solutions Consultants must be able to articulate and demonstrate technology, business fit, and product positioning to both business and technical users and showcase the proposed solution in a competitively beneficial light.
As the leader of a sales consulting team you will manage a global team that works closely with the global sales teams to provide;
- Understand customer's technical and business needs and establish best solution or product that addresses requirements and provides business value.
- Leading client discovery sessions to uncover customer pain points, map to solutions, and develop proposal and business case.
- The ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, respond to in-depth customer questions, and completing effective RFI/RFP's is essential.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of SS&C's entire solution suite and key competitors.
- Defining global sales consulting standards and processes including modernizing the ways that our team engages with customers, using compelling, innovative and creative tools and techniques.
- Establish consistent presales processes, dry-runs and discovery sessions, to ensure superior demos, and presentations, resulting in flawless execution of the sales cycle.
- Provide feedback and coaching after dry-runs, demos and presentations in order to help the sales consulting team to hone their skills.
- Strong selling and sales aptitude.
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date understanding of trends, best practices, and prevailing attitudes and approaches and how to position SS&C products to increase leads and opportunities.
- Manage hiring needs and performance of team.
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- 7+ years' experience in the fintech space with a good understanding of the investment management process.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written with ability to present using solution selling and a consultative approach and coach team members on this presentation style establish trust across a range of technical and non-technical audiences -must be comfortable presenting to C-suite executives of major financial firms.
- Proven success as a self-starter who has created business development-focused marketing strategies and programs, including getting buy-in from stakeholders and delivering results.
- Project management abilities and excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must!
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed, global team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be flexible to changing priorities.
- MBA a plus.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary