Director of Public Relations - Billings, Montana, United States, 59112
At KOA we believe there are endless places to explore and always something new to discover. We believe in mutual trust, integrity and providing the opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the company. If you are a public relations professional looking to explore new opportunities then we invite you to discover KOA.
Located in downtown Billings, Montana, KOA is heading into its sixth decade with seven straight record years and we are stronger than ever. KOA continues to provide its employees with stability and job advancement opportunities. We are North America's largest system of franchised campgrounds with more than 500 locations and we are always looking for bright and talented people who are passionate about what they do.
As the Director of Public Relations, you lead and manage PR initiatives and accounts. You will be accountable for establishing and maintaining media strategy and associated budgets. Act as lead for the PR agency helping to lead and build KOA's thought leadership and proliferation in media. This role works in collaboration with the marketing team as a top of the funnel awareness building, identifying opportunities and storylines across the company and departments and achieving tier 1 media placements. The director of PR must also be able to act as a liaison between customer facing media and industry publications seeking earned opportunities and defusing any negative instances. This role is a key lead in crisis communication when necessary.
- Plan, implement and manage public relation programs for KOA
- Plan and be held accountable for overall PR budget and strategy including agency fee, PR events and experiential media
- Work with the marketing team to design and implement cohesive marketing campaigns, materials and storylines
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Develop and apply PR policies and procedures
- Determine and achieve PR goals and KPIs
- Build long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders, such as local government and industry professionals and industry media personnel
- Own and optimize crisis communication standards for the company
- Management and optimization of local PR process and work
- Work closely with Internal Communications on issues and educational topics that may require direct communication to KOA franchise owners and managers
- This job is not available as a remote position, must be located or relocated to Billings, MT
- Four-year college degree in Market Research, Public Relations, Mass Communications or Journalism, MBA a plus
- 5-10 years working experience as a Public Relations specialist or Journalist
- Proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Has a valid Driver's License, passport for international travel
- Must agree to a background check, including potential criminal history
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume in addition to your LinkedIn profile.