Director of Product Management, Digital Strategy - Santa Clara , California, United States, 95052
About Ondot Systems
Ondot Systems is the global leader in powering mobile payment services, serving over 4,000 financial institutions across four continents. The company's real-time platform, built upon an API based services-oriented architecture, gives financial institutions a competitive edge by increasing mobile engagement and empowering their customers to personalize, manage and control how payments are made in today's world of always-on digital commerce, resulting in higher usage of payment instruments while lowering fraud incidents. Ondot offers a unique market opportunity in a hot industry. Join us on this exciting journey!
The Director of Product Management will assist with the further development of our Mobile Card Services products which provide a simple platform that provides consumers with account management capabilities, including an account "on/off switch," alerts, and the ability to preauthorize transactions based on merchant type or location. It can even limit transactions based on consumers' proximity to the mobile device registered with the payment account. Services for financial institutions and issuers use the same platform as the consumer service but offer fraud alerts, customer support, and reporting. The benefit to issuers and FIs is a reduction in fraud, increased payment card usage, and increased engagement through mobile banking channels.
Ondot's Product Management team is responsible for working with customers, analyzing the market, and defining and delivering payment card software products and services to Financial Institutions. The Product Management team plays the central role in innovation, development, customer feedback, product definition, solution bundling, and delivery. As a Product Manager, the duties will include:
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to drive the User Journey definition and software development process and to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Ideate and create the UI/UX wireframes and journey maps, analyze the server software constraints and confer with internal stakeholders, software analysts and engineers the designed system.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan mobile application specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment such as operating system behavior and push notifications.
- Manage the UI/UX designers to build visual flows and working with developers to build mobile products.
- Design, develop and modify mobile app and software system design, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consult with customers and determine software scope and prioritize software product activities.
- Establish a consistent product management framework and customer experience standards, to deliver a best-in-class product experience to Issuers and their cardholders.
- Accelerate and develop the implementation process for the Mobile apps by working with Ondot cross functional teams and external software service vendors.
- Ensure final enhancement product meets financial, operational, sales, marketing, operating systems and legal requirements.
- Produce technical documentation such as Product Requirement Document, Journey Maps for product development and other materials for customers to understand roll-out software architecture and design.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (comp/elec) or closely-related field of study.
- Strong knowledge of payment card, operating requirements, product development, and drivers of P&L and profitability.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its software development lifecycle
- Payment card financial services experience leading payment product and service fee-based product marketing and management.
- Need solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Knowledge of using mobile app tools such as LucidChart, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin along with experience in requirements tools such as MS Visio, Mindmap, IBM rational rose, Enterprise architect.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and temperament to effectively work in a large, matrix organization. Ability to communicate and interface with technical partners and prepare customer facing presentations.
- Proven ability to quickly translate solutions and ideas into action and prioritize deliverables
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to critique business models and business case, and use data analytics to employ fact-based decision.