Director of Patient Financial Services - Barnstable , Massachusetts, United States, 02630
Location: Barnstable Town, MA
Description: Our healthcare client is currently seeking a Director of Patient Financial Services to work onsite in Cape Cod, MA.
Key Responsibilities of Interim Director:
Under the direction of Customer-s Vice President of Revenue Cycle, the Interim Director will perform
- Supervise day-to-day operation of the Patient Financial Services (PFS) Department, and work closely with other Customer-s Administrative and Clinical Departments representing Patient Financial Services (PFS) and related department objectives, policies and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Patient Financial Services team members
- Provide input on Customer-s practice management applications designed to maintain a stable and efficient system environment.
- Oversee, Develop and/or refine and implement process improvements and reporting mechanisms for the PFS Department.
- Evaluate performance; recommend performance increases, promotions and disciplinary actions for PFS Department staff.
- Collect data, prepare reports and compile statistics for Customer-s executive leadership related to contractual and regulatory purposes.
- Manage all PFS month end processes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures at the direction of Customer. Interact with other department managers to coordinate efforts in enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Monitor accurate and timely claim billing to payers
- Engage payers for accurate and timely payment of claims submitted
- Monitor accounting procedures and controls
- Monitor monthly write-offs as well as identify and resolve unnecessary write-offs
- Lead root cause analysis of denials and work across departments and with clinicians for root cause solutions
- Monitor payment posting to verify electronic vs. manual posting for accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborate across departments to verify standard processes and communication, including if necessary begin plans for a Patient Financial Services Committee
- Monitor and recommend improvements to departmental key reports, metrics, dashboard and KPIs
- Evaluate and/or document educational needs and the department education program
- Participate in and conduct administrative meetings and participate in committees as requested by Customer.
- Work with department managers to develop/implement performance goals and objectives.
- Help develop operational plans and budgets, including reporting/interpreting monthly and annual data for senior management.
- On request, analyze and recommend changes to PFS organizational structure and to PFS policies and procedures in a manner designed to improve efficiency.
- Pursue professional development activities designed to maintain currency in CBO practices and trends.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at
- provided by Dice