Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Managment - Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21215
DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Filamatic is a 65 year old $10 million manufacturer of packaging machinery for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, chemical specialty and e-cigarette industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success has been due to exceeding our customers' expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition, striving to create a great working environment for our employees and continually improving all aspects of our company. To learn more about us, please visit our website .
The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management will be a valued contributor to our Executive Team which includes the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Director of Finance and Administration, the Director of Engineering and our COO. The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management reports to our COO.
The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management, together with the Executive Team, will assist with the preparation and implementation of the company's Strategic Plans, Business Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP). The entire team will continually monitor the plans and modifying them as required to help ensure satisfactory performance.
Our Strategic Plan and our Business Plan mandates that our manufacturing and supply chain operations be upgraded to world class status. To achieve this goal, we must fill the Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management position with an individual that can assess our current status and develop a road map to obtain our world class status objective and implement it. Once the plan is approved, our company will fully support it.
The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management is responsible for planning and controlling all aspects of manufacturing from managing materials and scheduling machines and people to coordinating suppliers and planning shipments to customers.
The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management must adapt our manufacturing system on a continual basis to changes in the company environment, strategy, customer requirement, manufacturing problems, new supply chain opportunities and applicable new state of the art manufacturing systems.
The following departments report to the Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management: Purchasing/Supply Chain Management, Machine Shop, Final Assembly, Production Control, Inventory Control/Warehouse, Shipping/Receiving, Service, Plant Maintenance, and Continuous Improvement.
This position is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the company's Manufacturing and Supply Chain Functions, Inventory Accuracy and Levels, as well as Production Planning. A detailed description of these responsibilities follows:
· Direct the workload for the manufacturing, Assembly/Test, Receiving, shipping, procurement and material handling
· Conduct capacity planning to ensure that manufacturing can meet the demand dates from customer orders.
· Monitor and manage the inventory through inventory turns, part usage rates, reorder points, warehouse optimization in order to ensure parts are in stock and maintain an accurate inventory through cycle counts and lean manufacturing principles
· Ensure that the company upholds quality products and services
· Manage the material requirements planning (MRP) and production requirements planning (PRP) sessions for the manufacturing facility
· Assess and update the production work orders for accurate routing information
· Generate executive reports related to manufacturing and assembly/test schedules and part analyses
· Ensure that all revenue streams including parts and machines are shipped on time, within budget and meet the customer's expectations.
· Improve labor efficiency in the department
· Decrease material costs
· Increase profit margins
· Lower inventory cost
· Increase inventory turns
· Decrease lead times on shipments to customers
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related fields
· Bachelor's (BBA) or Master's(MBA) degree in Business
· APICS CPIM certification
· At least 5 years' experience as a Director of Manufacturing or related managerial position with a manufacturer of complex industrial equipment
· Managed an inventory of $2M or greater
· Experience managing procurement, inventory and production planning
· Supply Chain Management experience
· Experience conducting capacity planning and assessments
· Experience selecting, implementing and using Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
· Experience with a manufacturing company utilizing lean manufacturing, theory of constraints and 6-sigma concepts
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Analytical thinker
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent team player skills
· Mixed mode experience (engineer to order, make to order, repetitive) experience
· World Class Manufacturing experience
· Project Management experience
· Strong Leadership experience and operational skills
· Cost Accounting experience
· Sales and Operations Planning (S and OP) experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacations and holidays, 401K plan with match, and bonus plan based on company performance.
Our company will provide reimbursement for relocation.
Please provide a cover letter detailing your suitability for our job opening together with your resume and indicate your salary requirements. All submissions will be treated in strict confidence.
You may respond electronically or by mailing the information requested to:
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215
Attn: Robert Rosen, President/CEO