Director of Data Strategy and Insights - Missouri, United States,
Equifax Workforce Solutions (EWS) is a differentiated, high-growth business unit primarily serving the Financial Services and Government markets. Through our unique data assets and analytical solutions, we enable our customers to make more informed decisions. EWS Data and Analytics is a high-performance, dynamic organization charged with building and supporting best-in-industry analytical solutions and data products.
Data & Analytics (D&A) is seeking a driven, detail-oriented Data Strategy Insights professional to join our growing team. You will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of Workforce Solutions' data assets, products, and business model to help formulate and execute against our data acquisition and product strategy. Primary responsibilities will include developing a data-driven, in-depth understanding of our customers' value chains, quantifying and tracking market penetration, identifying and executing against penetration opportunities, working with third-party data providers to test quality and model the value of new data sources, and conducting diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company. We believe knowledge drives progress. We blend unique data, analytics and technology with a passion for serving customers globally, to create insights to power the decisions that move people forward. We serve as a consumer advocate, steward of financial literacy, and champion of economic advancement.
As an innovative global company that enables access to credit, we're part of breakthrough collaborations and innovations that address complex social challenges such as social welfare, community relations and financial education for underprivileged youth. We establish relationships that create economically healthy communities. We help individuals gain financial independence by increasing access to capital for small businesses. And we provide young adults entering college or university with financial education tools.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. We are Powering the World with Knowledge and looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries, 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative work spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at
What You'll Do
- Own the data acquisition pipeline, which includes collaborating closely with Data Acquisition, Product Development, Marketing, Technology, and third-party data providers
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customers' value chains, the value of The Work Number data in the decisioning process, and collaborate with Sales and Marketing to drive further utilization and revenue
- Leverage data to quantify and explain the macroeconomic market conditions that influence demand for The Work Number data, specific to key industries we serve
- Develop a strategic roadmap, execute against goals, and track results
- Lead a team of analysts to deliver against strategic objectives
- 8+ years of work experience in analytics, finance, or a comparable discipline
- Excellent Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides skills, including financial modeling, pivot tables, and advanced functions
- Intermediate Tableau and SQL skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and written communication, including delivery of executive presentations, building slide decks, and creating process flows
- Excellent understanding of the financial services industry and value chain
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly learn new data assets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or a comparable discipline; MBA or MS degree preferred
- Ability to travel
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Familiarity with Python
- Knowledge of Equifax's differentiated data assets and technology delivery platforms or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and FCRA regulations
- Expertise with Google Sheets and Slides
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.