Director of Data Strategy & Impact - Houston, Texas, United States, 77001
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
The Director, Data Strategy & Impact is responsible for ensuring regions take a strategic approach to reaching its academic goals by engaging with state, regional and school leaders in professional dialogue about best practices in order to improve and accelerate student achievement through quality curriculum and instruction. They will consistently demonstrate their experience in the data-driven instruction, data analysis, progress monitoring, and curriculum and instruction to improve student results. This position sits on the KIPP Texas Academics Team within the Achievement & Assessment team.
Location: Houston or Austin, Texas
- School Metrics and Progress Monitoring | Create, monitor and improve progress monitoring systems in place for school and regional level so that each school and region is set on a path to achieve 2020 goals and beyond.
- Data Analysis | Responsible for creating specialized Excel-based reports to analyze data at state, regional, and school-level to identify strengths and opportunities and make bold recommendations based on data.
- Data Driven Instruction | Ensure state, school leaders and regional leaders have knowledge and skills to effectively implement data driven best practices through professional development and coaching.
- School Improvement | Co-craft school improvement plans that details support, resources, and turnaround metrics and makes strong recommendations based on research-based best practices in school improvement, teacher quality, curriculum, and instruction. Manage academic compliance systems and communication with stakeholders to ensure KIPP Texas is in compliance with ESSA and other state and federal mandates
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is required. Graduate degree preferred with a strong preference for candidates with a masters in education policy (MPP/MPA)
- Has a minimum of 3 years of instructional leadership as an instructional coach, school leader or regional leader with proven results
- Has a minimum of 2 years of classroom teaching experience with proven results
- Experience in public education or non-profit a strong plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fast-growing organization a strong plus
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading and motivating high performing teams to deliver results
- Must have demonstrated experience in successful, multi-year project management to deliver results
- Must have demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel to create advanced academic data reports and analysis
- Some travel may be required (30%)
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.