Director of Continuous Improvement - Dallas , Texas, United States, 75201
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Develops continuous improvement strategy that aligns to the enterprise strategy, end market operating plans and global operational strategy while taking into account present operational realities
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, COO and SC, proactively develop a robust pipeline of continuous improvement projects (prioritized by financial return to the enterprise) to be worked. Undertakes regular and frequent financial reporting to continuously ensure results are meeting or exceeding commitments on all initiatives/projects. Establish internal processes to be able to present the performance and financial analysis to the senior management team on a regular basis.
- Ensures the development of a robust Continuous Improvement Future State Provides oversight and guidance for all Continuous Improvement initiatives within their area of responsibility. Champions all aspects of the Company's Continuous Improvement Strategy in partnership with business leaders and key operations leadership
- Establish manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, and engineering value stream maps and current state assessments of functional performance.
- Develop dashboards / score cards for manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, and engineering functions.
- Serves as the "go-to" person to assist business units in the assessment of major improvement initiatives. Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement initiatives that provide the highest impact on operational excellence and continuous improvement metrics.
Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or a related discipline preferred
5 years or more experience in operations management, with at least two years spent in roles leading and driving Continuous Improvement
Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
The ability to easily work at all levels across the organization, to connect with all levels of colleagues, and to solicit and accept constructive input from others.
Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment
Solid understanding in applying Lean methods and tools including Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, daily management, and kaizen.
Experience having successfully implemented and sustained Lean management and other CI initiatives is required, including across back-office functions