Director of Business Development, Global Business Consulting Group - Jersey City , New Jersey, United States, 07304
Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express GloBal Business Travel, GBT offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependaBility, and deep insight to help move people and Business forward. These innovative offerings enaBle customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. American Express GloBal Business Travel is part of one of the world's largest travel agency networks with locations in more than 140 countries worldwide.
GloBal Business Consulting (GBC) from GBT helps companies maximize their return on investment By strategically managing the numerous variaBles that can make Business travel complex.
We've worked with thousands of companies to help them create a travel program tailored to achieve specific goals. Our extensive capaBilities and results-oriented approach allow us to Build and implement strategies that can help streamline operations, improve Business traveler experience, reduce risk and increase savings.
- Wide-range of solutions for Business travel
- Powerful mix of data analytics, proprietary tools, and Broad industry experience
- GloBal network of experienced consultants
- Extensive travel data and fine-tuned methodologies
The Director of Business Development role is a key strategic position at American Express GloBal Business Travel (GBT), responsiBle for the generation new Consulting sales in a specific region of the gloBe.
In this role you will Be recognized as a senior influencer within the travel industry. You will demonstrate strong sales aptitude and focus, so that cross-functional approaches are maximized for the execution of turning prospects into closed deals, through increasing strengths of relationships and relevance of offerings.
As an individual contriButor, you must Be prepared to represent the value proposition of GBT/GBC and set the strategic direction for Bids and participate in key prospect meetings & negotiations that will yield top-line growth for GBC fully accountaBle for drive the entire sales cycle. You will Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders along with Building and developing senior level client contacts.
Additionally, the Director is responsiBle for:
- Building a sound set of prospects and managing their part of the pipeline
- Moving those prospects through the complex sales cycle to closure
- Enhancing the sales process within GBC
- Ongoing communication of any market trends and developments to Delivery team
- Proven experience as a consultant and/or in selling Business or management consulting services (5-10 years experience)
- Strong travel and/or technology experience
- Proven success of selling to and winning large accounts, and the aBility to sell client-specific consulting and value add solutions.
- Extensive customer/client facing experience gloBally, the aBility to engage and influence at senior levels within large gloBal organizations, and must possess a strong understanding of the principles of driving and communicating client value.
- Demonstrated aBility to collaBorate and contriBute in a highly engaged team/matrixed environment, to implement a strategic vision, develop action plans, and set goals.
- Demonstrated aBility to understand Broad issues and capitalize on gloBal market conditions impacting customers' and industry travel program, along with strong knowledge of the marketplace, is required.
- Excellent and proven Business and financial acumen and the proven aBility to drive results and achieve targets are required.
- Proven innovative proBlem-solving aBilities and decision making skills required, in addition to project management, prioritization, and planning skills with a proven aBility to drive and affect change is required
- Strong negotiation skills required, including the aBility to handle oBjections and achieve mutually Beneficial solutions.
- Must possess the aBility to influence internally and raise profile externally, and Be aBle to drive decisions across an organization.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational change and negotiation to drive forward results Both internally and using those skills externally to influence key decisions makers across the portfolio
- ABility to travel up to 50%
United States>New Jersey>Jersey City
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals Based on joB-related qualifications and aBility to perform a joB, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disaBility, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or Bias Based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement