Director Of Strategy & Portfolio - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Strategic Planning, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
At Nike, we exist to serve the athlete* and our sustainability passion is part of that. We understand that the future of the global economy can and must be fundamentally reimagined when the baton is passed to the next generation. The path before us is uncharted. This makes the work that much more exciting. We recognize that sustainability is not a compromise - it's a competitive advantage - and our sustainability portfolio includes commitments against carbon, waste, water, chemistry, and labor. To deliver against that work we have embedded sustainability capabilities and functional expertise across the enterprise.
As a Director of Strategy & Portfolio for NIKE's Global Sustainability function, you will lead a high performing team, responsible for partnering with NIKE's Chief Sustainability Officer and their leadership team to develop multi-year strategic priorities for the company, align those priorities with the broader company initiatives, and develop, track, and report against an extensive portfolio of programs and projects critical to delivering NIKE's environmental sustainability mandate and commitment. This will require expertise knowledge in the domains of strategic planning, portfolio/program/project management, and business process design and optimization.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Partner with Global Sustainability leadership team to develop and refine NIKE's multi-year environmental and labor sustainability strategy and positioning
- Partner with the broader NIKE Global Operations strategy function to implement annual strategic planning cycle for the Global Sustainability function
- Lead the portfolio team in Coordinating and maintaining an integrated portfolio level roadmap to inform and strengthen alignment and collaboration
- Facilitate portfolio level intake and prioritization to ensure work is prioritized & defined to meet strategic goals aligned to NIKE's 2020 and 2025 Sustainability performance commitments and passions
- Facilitate an effective, cross-functional governance process to enable strategic alignment, investment decisions, and visibility to portfolio status and health
- Develop and maintain meaningful network of contacts across functions, and leverage this information network to elevate, evaluate and accelerate new opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Management, Engineering, or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management consulting, finance or related field (3 years' experience post MBA)
- Sustainability-related experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of highly motivated and talented individual contributors
- Capability to build and maintain cross-functional and cross-regional networks with internal and external resources, guide cross-functional teams of leaders and peers, and navigate complex organizational structures to deliver business results
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and build financial models in partnership with the Finance function
- Comprehensive research and problem-solving skills; ability to gather information quickly and to synthesize it into actionable information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, and deliver presentations to senior leadership and external leaders
- Excellent project administration, process, and organizational skills, including managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities to achieve strategic goals