Director Global Supply Planning - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02108
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
An Awesome Situation is Developing
Architects don't build buildings. And Designers don't build products. You do. The Development crew. It's all dreams and drawings without you. Getting things made takes time and manpower and testing and understanding. Deconstruction and reconstruction. It takes people capable of looking into the guts of the situation and saying: Yeah, we can do that. It's called Know-How. If you've got it, check us out.
As our Director of Supply Planning, you'll be responsible for defining and executing a Footwear and Apparel supply plan that aligns with our company's strategic direction. One that centers on minimizing risk, while enabling growth, is sustainability and cost conscious, seeks to improve quality and is focused on enabling a responsive supply chain.
In this role you will partner and collaborate cross functionally with senior executives and their teams across the Nike Inc. corporation to understand the product and commercial direction and translate it into a cohesive, scalable strategy.
You will also partner with our local manufacturing and regional planning teams to implement a balanced portfolio that meets manufacturing targets and optimized service levels.
Doing all this requires a unique person. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator, comfortable working cross-functionally. You must possess an ability to assess the big picture and understand the implications that different decisions will have from a manufacturing and delivery perspective. Ability to 'story-tell' to provide clarity and simplicity to ambiguous and complex business scenarios. An influencer that works across multiple teams and across multiple functions. Results will be dependent on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and lead a highly motivated and skilled team to drive to rigorous, well-communicated deliverables.
- Set departmental goals that engage and align with strategic direction. Leader lead investment in talent via coaching and defined opportunities for development. Lead, guide, and develop a diverse team, drive performance management goals, recognition and reward. Develop a team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally with senior executives, operations leaders, strategic planners, development and local manufacturing leadership to bring to market the best product.
- Measure and report progress against the defined strategic plan
- Drive short/mid-range planning in collaboration with LO's, global and regional teams. Lead effort to streamline and improve process. Proactively monitor capacity and optimize utilization.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Meaningful experience in manufacturing, planning, and/or operations. Awareness of process and events from concept to delivery is desirable.
- Experience working cross-functionally across the value chain in a global organization
- Successful track record of leading cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion, leading virtual teams from across the organization
- Proven ability to partner with executive-level professionals as a trusted advisor
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics to leaders at all levels
- Strong quantitative and qualitative background with experience quantifying value creation for complex, non-traditional solutions
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in supply chain , with experience in any combination of the following: Product Sourcing, Product Development, Forecasting, Supply, Demand, Inventory and/or Purchase planning.
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years total experience (3 years' experience post MBA) in sourcing/manufacturing, planning or operations
- Ability to relocate to the Boston, MA metro area
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.