Director, Supply Chain - Lansing, Michigan, United States, 48901
Reporting to the Global VP of Supply Chain, this role directs a network of both site and remote functional workstream workers. In support of Emergent's matrixed model. The role will ultimately lead through both solid and dotted line reporting structures. This role is the single point of contact for all site SC functionalities. It is a key partner to the site SLT and Leader. It is also a visible and key leader across all our sites ensuring returns for both the corporation as well as the individual site they serve based on a predisposed Service Level Agreement.
The Site Supply Chain Leader role is key to the success of our corporation. Interfacing with internal and external partners to achieve strategic product supply requirements is a must. The successful candidate will ensure that issues regarding new/existing products are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner with an assurance of harmonization in practices and system adoption across our network. One of the key requirements for success are disciplined time management skills to ensure site success while leading and realizing best demonstrated practices across a specific work stream under management.
The role works closely with Fellow Global Supply Chain Peers, Site Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and Sales Operations in a matrixed reporting environment. Using Operational Excellence principles, develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Delivers on Global Supply Chains core value proposition of Spend Value, Efficiency and De-Risking of the end to end supply chain.
- Candidate will be responsible for Management and oversight of all Production Planning, Warehousing, Inventory Control and Distribution activities for the Lansing Mi. facility in accordance with cGMP regulations, while we transition to a center lead work stream model.
- Once the operating model transitions, will assume leadership of a supply chain work stream leading a cross site team in the possible areas of MPS/S&OP, MRP, Procurement, Warehousing, Logistics, Freight, Import / Export, Distribution etc., while maintaining single point of facility oversite for total Supply Chain operations.
- This role actively works and manages finished goods adhering to serialization requirements as directed in DSCSA & EU FMD.
- Active participant on Lansing Site Leadership Team executing to the sites 5 year growth strategy plan.
- Role will support / implement the Enterprise's Harmonization initiatives for Supply Chain and other adjacent operations as needed.
- Responsible for all Transportation and Logistics as required to support the shipment of licensed product as well as other materials including pre-clinical / clinical products, equipment etc.
- Accountable for Department Cost Center performance.
- Drive financial performance of business units by identifying risks and opportunities in the supply chain and recommending solutions.
- Developing strategic Plans supported by Capital Expenditure and Operational Expense budgets.
- Primary liaison for all Contract Manufacturing activities including scheduling, issue resolution, change implementation, performance monitoring and development, contract negotiation etc.
- Supply Chain Management SME for Regulatory inspections for ongoing Manufacturing Operations and PAI submissions.
- Facilitate Sales & Operations Planning (S & OP) for 18 month rolling forecast of Manufacturing activities and Delivery expectations as driven by current demand.
- Maintain, adapt and implement robust Cold Chain shipping solutions as required.
- Provide system oversight for Sarbanes Oxley process controls for Supply Chain Management responsibilities.
- Supply Chain Management (Production Planning, Materials Planning Inventory Control and Logistics):
- Encourage implementation of Industry Best Practices for Supply Chain activities.
- Develop and Maintain Master Production Schedule including oversight and adherence to forecast and delivery schedule.
- Direct a team of Supply Chain professionals who execute planning, forecasting, receiving and distribution processes for Lansing facility.
- Provide support and guidance to Value Stream Management Committee
- Maintain business operation procedures and work instructions (process flow diagrams and instructional guides) for critical Production Planning activities.
- Develop effective metrics, KPI's and monitoring programs to assure constant vigilance with respect to Supplier Performance.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Manufacturing, Quality, Validation and Facilities Maintenance to assure the complete scope of Planning activities remains connected with other tangential business operations and compliant with Quality requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling CMO manufacturing activities in alignment with company Master Production and Budget requirements.
- Completes external partner capacity assessment to ensure the business is supported.
- Oversee Supplier Development activities including manufacturing performance, on-time delivery, quality, improvement initiatives and issue resolution.
- Responsible for facilitating changes though Emergent's approved Change Management process.
- Responsible for chairing weekly operations meeting/conference call.
- Facilitate Business Review Meetings.
- Primary liaison for Lansing sites CDMO business support of contracted products.
- Collaborate with Global Supply Chain Peers and Site Leadership Team to build effective teams through common understanding of Company goals, objectives, communication tools and committee structures.
- Actively support Leadership Development Programs through participation and ensuring participation of area management under scope of responsibility.
- Integrate Situational Leadership II principles and Performance Management tools throughout Manufacturing Operations Management.
- Create a culture that achieves employee engagement, efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, customer service, productive work relations and sound communications.
- Actively drive communication of expectations and tools with respect to critical business activities, including: Job Descriptions, Performance Management (IPMP) plans, Career Ladder expectations, time and project resource allocation management, operational and capital budget management, and targeted career development through succession planning.
- Ensure maximum compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Distribution Practices, 49 CFR Dangerous Goods, MiOSHA, OSHA, USDA, and other areas of mandatory regulatory oversight.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Incumbent must possess at a minimum, a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a supportive course of study with augmenting experience to support this matrixed role. Degrees in Supply Chain or Operations Management along with related experience from the armed services is a plus
- APICS/CPM Certification desired.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of demonstrated Supply Chain Management experience.
- Employment history should show a progressive increase in role of Management responsibility within the Supply Chain Organization.
- Extensive knowledge of cGMP and Global Regulatory requirements.
- Prior Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or chemical manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with Import and Export Controls is a strong plus
- Prior Cold Chain distribution experience required.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication abilities. Must be able to present complex theoretical concepts and empirical performance data effectively in both oral and written formats, for audiences ranging from senior executives through entry level employees.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills, both with subordinates and peers, with emphasis on relationship development and implementation of company culture improvement initiatives.
- This individual should be a person of unquestionable integrity and a team player who has shown the ability and track record of winning the confidence and trust of colleagues and the respect of the broader business community.
- Excellent Analytical skills with a high attention to detail required.
- Knowledgeable in DOT and Dangerous Goods Shipping regulations.
- Ability to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement using Operational Excellence practices and processes is essential.
- Extensive experience with industry-standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- SAP experience preferred.
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn..... click apply for full job details